UndergroundHipHop.com 12 Days of Christmas
Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (22) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Whats In The System Weekend...

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 69 replies
Page: 1 2
AuthorTopic:  Whats In The System Weekend...
Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

Total Posts: 3067
posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 8:55:40 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo

nas mix in my truck i made cuz now my cd player in ther wont spit the cd out, so 2 weeks now. all nas. my boss has this thing he does thru the church called car care and he gave my girl holly brakes and installed them for nothing. he told me hes gonna put a new cd player in ther one day wen i come to work. i was very jazzed bout that.

the nas mix goes:

1. the world is yours
2. the message
3. i gave you power
4. nastradamus
5. hate me now
6. get down
7. thugs mansion
8. war
9. thiefs theme
10. if i ruled the world
11. like smoke
12. doo rags
13. projects too hot

and thers about 5-6 more i cant remember

Partial IP: 43.230.209

dj rolo

Total Posts: 2997
posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 8:58:05 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
i heard this dude is pretty good

Partial IP: 62.144.146

Grafh

Total Posts: 3282
posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 10:36:12 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Grafh
Ever since I got this driving gig at work my music listening has plummeted. I went from a minimum of 4 to 6 hours of music while working alone to maybe getting an hour in before bed at night. That being said these are what i've been going through.

Such an amazing record. Just solid front to back. I have so many memories of when this came out. It was at a time when I was just done with BCC. I thought dudes were finished, then they started hitting with those new records and this was the best of the bunch. 9th and Buckshot just sound too damn good together.

I went super heavy with this when it dropped, then completely forgot it existed. Revisiting it I'm happy to say it still holds up really well. A lot of times a Ras project not sucking is enough reason for me to be hyped about it, but this one is a legit solid album. Honestly, he has a way better Discog than the community gives him credit for.

I got back and forth on liking this and being indifferent. Last revisit went well though. Really made me appreciate just how cohesive and solid the album is overall. Still wish it had better beats, but what's here is pretty good in its own right.

Classic punk record. Like most of the punk shit from back then the mixing is shit, it's one of those records I just want to crank up loud as fuck but it doesn't have that "umph" when you do. Sounds kinda thin. Still, some great songwriting and playing. These dudes wrote like 2 minutes songs then played them fast and sloppy as fuck but it worked so well.

ern

Total Posts: 4421
posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 10:36:51 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for ern
I should post my mixes sometimes, I think I've made some good ones

God damn this is garbage!!!!!!!!!!

this is fine, just had old school sound with alot of rapping about rapping..

This was ok, alot cliche beat stuff with the pause at one point during the beats, the famous laugh that sounds like it's out of frankenstein or something, kinda like beginner stuff etc etc the beats were kind of bugged out but they weren't all that.

I only recently heard this and I havent even heard the first one. this had a couple people hyping it up, it was decent but I didnt really think it was special..

Total Posts: 16708
posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 10:37:51 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88

just checked this out for the first time this week. really feeling it. the beats are nice, and fahim comes through. one of his better releases, imo. fav tracks: flyin out tha cave wit bats, bright side of the moon, fresh air, gotta go

dj rolo

posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 10:39:56 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
^great album

posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 10:42:06 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88

his worst album since kingdom come. he must be hanging out with gza, drinking warm milk, because this fucking guy is falling asleep on most of the tracks. on the faster tempo tracks, his flow is awkward as hell. he gave up rapping on this album. wastes the best beat of the album on some bullshit apology concept. no id gave him throwaway beats. fav tracks: fuck this album

posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 10:44:20 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
i feel like the first half of the buckshot/9th album is way better than the second. it's an awkwardly structured album with so many guests on the second half. i wish the whole album had less guests on it. buck was hungry for a comeback here and the guests get in the way of that. give him room.

dj rolo

posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 10:45:19 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
i couldn't agree with 88 more...^^

posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 10:47:00 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88

it's too new to me for me to really comment, but it's dope, from what i heard. i got to go back and check all the previous volumes in this series now. been sleeping. the tracks are short, so i'm guessing these are blu's contributions as a guest on tracks, but only his verse, rather than the whole song.

Sp 90s

Total Posts: 2527
posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 10:55:33 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Sp 90s
The Ramones never get old. Big fan of them and a lot of the other early NYC punk bands at that time (CBGBs alumni)

They changed the game and at the time they popped up, they were everything everyone was worried about, every American parents worst nightmares. They would freeze in their tracks when they heard the stuff these guys were playing.

posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 11:00:10 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88

great score for an okay film. cristobal is dope as fuck. fav tracks: hunger, she who brings the gifts, my special girl

eseph84

Total Posts: 6054
posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 11:53:11 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
im bumping my 2x disc of sean p collabos and loosies that i compiled in honor of imperious dropping. although i am waiting til i get the cd for IR before I check it so this mix is holding me over. (anyone wanna double cd copy holla, i'll mail you one)

just bumped

blu and union analogtronics - cheetah in the city. an album i am kinda indifferent towards. some songs are great, but by the end it realy got boring. guests like frank n dank and phat kat dont excite me either. song 3 & 4 are the best and make me think blu would do a good album with kno cuz it kinda reminded me of the vibe on that song from strange journey 3 which was dope as hell. and for the most part blu should stick with exile

i bumped black phillip, glad to own that, cool that they sent multiple copies and it is pretty dope overall. is the destro they list on the album credits the same one from boom bap project i assume? gotta bump this more but glad to own it

next up - written at night cassette by uncommon nasa
(shouts to man bites dog records for sending me 3 extra tapes with my order including a playdough tape that i been wanting

Nassau William Senior

Total Posts: 2121
Location: Hot box, handsome on a hill, watchin' night lights stretch. A Los Angeles journalist like Fletch.
posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 12:36:52 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
ern - that mr brady album is dope. ur trippin.

88- I agree. the 2nd half of Chemistry lacks compared to the first half - basically after no comparison. but my favorite track is the last track, Money Makes The World Go Round w/ Starang - had that old school BCC vibe. love that track.

eseph84

posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 1:34:02 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
lol at the jay z reviews

another album i am currently going back and forth about how i feel about it.

one thing i'll say is i like the beats, i love sample (vocal sample in particular) beats and i don't feel these are throwaways by no id. were u serious 88?! no id sucked on his last common album and the vince staples, this was a nice return to hip hop form imo for him and he steals the show.

now jay- i think he flows better on this than some of his other recent projects (kingdom come was terrible)magna carter i never even bumped, i liked watch the throne lol wait what am i saying this makes no sense

overall, this album is overhyped, with that said i still like it

glad P! is #1 on itunes right now, take that observe u pansie

posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 1:46:56 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
i don't understand how you can be so forgiving and generous with rap, when you're a rapper, eseph. you seem so lackadaisical about it all, when it seems like, as a rapper who takes his craft seriously, wouldn't it be more helpful to your own music to pick everything apart to identify what works for your taste and what doesn't? if you just shrug everything off as decent or not bad or whatever, rather than really dive in and try to define towards yourself what works, what doesn't work, and why, you'd help define your taste, which would help you make better music.

or so i'd assume. i could be completely wrong. it just feels to me like an artist that's more certain, relatively speaking, about what they do and don't like would be generally a better artist than one that was uncertain.

i'm not trying to come at you, eseph. i'm kind of thinking out loud here. sometimes you seem like the biggest fan, generally speaking, on here. as gino has pointed out, you like more stuff than most people here. and you don't seem to give off the impression that you put a lot of thought into why you do/don't like something. you just do/don't like it. i could be wrong.

posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 1:49:34 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
bumping some al bowlly classics right now:

what up!

no mask

Total Posts: 8002
posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 1:53:44 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
Def Leppard

dj rolo

posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 2:02:53 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
lol at eseph being a rapper

eseph84

posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 2:34:01 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
haha 88 i feel you, i guess i don't always get as in depth as to why/why not i like things when i'm on here. trust in my weird artistic mind i do pick things apart and i def know what i like and don't. i guess sometimes i struggle to type it out into words on here as far as what i feel, especially if im at work. but yeah..

tippi dink

Total Posts: 5155
posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 2:36:07 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
eseph when are you gonnna drop that 88 diss?

eseph84

posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 2:40:32 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
at dj rolo. get to know me shun-

take it back to the ol school 0-sev on that bitch ass...

you can start there

o yeah btw "nice to meetcha" P!

eseph84

posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 2:46:12 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
tippi man 88 diss been in the works lol

im just gonna loops a bunch of u god hooks together repeatedly for 8 minutes till 88's head explodes with A FATAL BLOW...

leading up to yet another , "investigative report"... dunnn, dunnnn, duhhhh... lol

signin out - baby uey!

posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 3:05:35 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
that would literally terminate my lifehood, if i heard that. i would leave my body and enter the 13th chamber. u-god's chamber of shit choruses.

posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 3:34:29 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88

classic. the overall sound of this album and its atmosphere is so great to me. love listening to this while chilling/reading. fav tracks: title track

eseph84

posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 3:49:32 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
i hope when u die u get reincarnated as a ugod chorus 88

"rumble"!!!!!!

posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 5:06:19 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88

admittedly, i was disappointed by this album, at first. i loved the beats, but gonjasufi's singing style threw me off on some tracks. however, this has really grown on me. one of those albums that's better to listen to in full, rather than as individual tracks. fucking dope album. fav tracks: last nightmare, greasemonkey, maniac depressant

Clockworx (Admin)

Total Posts: 37941
posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 5:35:32 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
^Yea it's great. Think it dropped around this time last year. Played it on repeat for about a week after. Still revisited it a few times since this year.

Revisited this album for first time in fucking ages...

some_text

While not as good as his debut it still had some great fucking tracks on it. If i remember correctly the vocals were done prior to him getting locked up except for that shitty track he recorded from prison. Don't know if they were layered over different beats or if some were the intended beats. Either way More or Less, S.H.Y.N.E, Godfather, The Gang, Edge, and Diamonds & Mac 10's are dopeness. A lot of garbage mixed in. Lackluster Buckwild beat. Overall about a 5/10 but it was a nice re-listen after not peeping it for years.

This track DAFFY...

Partial IP: 73.63.89.4

posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 5:36:31 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
admittedly, i've never listened to shyne.

akshinpak

Total Posts: 729
posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 7:05:34 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for akshinpak
Bumpin the Madchild album 'The Darkest Hour' produced entirely by Evidence. Such a DoPE album and it's Madchild's best album yet and I'm not a fan of his. I really bought it cuz I knew Evidence's production was gonna hit and it does. Diggin every track on the album

Grafh

posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 7:42:04 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Grafh
Clock, those Shyne tracks are definitely all oldies. I used to have a bunch of Shyne mixtapes from back in the day that had most of those on it, albeit bootleg sounding as fuck. I remember a few songs were actually like him in the booth, you can barely hear the beat coming in over the headphones, and him just rapping lmao. I still fucked with it though. Getting quality versions of these was a gift for the hardecore fans.

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Friday, August 11, 2017 2:46:38 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
the other 4 tracks on my nas mix

14. nas is like
15. stillmatic intro
16. ether
17. got yourself a gun

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Friday, August 11, 2017 3:15:16 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
peeped this for the first time

i usually love kyo but i swear outta 13 tracks its literally the same 2 songs over and over. shit is terrible.

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Friday, August 11, 2017 3:17:39 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
wat up graph. love that 9th and buckshot album.

sucks bout ur music listening. mine has dwindled as well but im picking up again slowly. just gotta try and fit it in. im just super backed up now on 2017 shit that old stuff isnt even getting listened to. plus im an old fuck and go to bed at like 8pm half the week.

dr.proF

Total Posts: 5837
posted Friday, August 11, 2017 3:29:11 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for dr.proF   Click Here to Email dr.proF
Got the ipod on shuffle all night

Standouts:

Papoose- stylin on em- if you havent hears dj green lantern's radio show on gta 4 i cant recommend it enough. Pure entertainment with an incredible track list

Biz markie- studda step (Ba production remix) ba production remixes are some of the dopest most obscure remixes i know

Gorillaz- kids with guns (hot chip remix)- breathes new life into a classic. Anything off those first two gorillaz albums is my shit

Múm- random summer- forgot about these dudes theyre fkin dope on that downtempo shit. This is a beautiful song with no beat

King tubbt- the dark dub ruler- always happy when king tubby is on

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Friday, August 11, 2017 3:55:30 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
first 5 on itunes favs list shuffle

camron - wrong ones - great beat, terrible album

sheek louch/big pun - pina colada - one of the many great songs off the first ruff ryders comp. love it.
b.g. - cash money is an army - super catchy hook, remember this song as a kid and loved it.

copywrite/jakki the motamouth/kingdom/tage - thieves world freestyle - monster freestyle posse cut over thiefs theme. really good. copy kills this.

vinnie paz - god bless - one of the only good songs off that shit carry on tradition ep.

SC1989

Total Posts: 1704
posted Friday, August 11, 2017 3:59:12 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for SC1989
Ulver The Assassination of Caeser
Nolan the Ninja 14K
Billy Woods Dour Candy
Oasis Time Flies
Illa J Home

Madchild looks and sounds like a clown

Sp 90s

Total Posts: 2527
posted Friday, August 11, 2017 7:52:36 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Sp 90s

Grafh

posted Friday, August 11, 2017 9:02:43 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Grafh
lol. Gino, I'm right there with you. I have to get up for work at 3:30am to get ready and be in the building by 4:30 so I try to get to bed around 8 or 9. Most of the time I don't fall out until 11 or so though.

tippi dink

posted Friday, August 11, 2017 9:13:16 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink

this has been one of my most anticipated 2017 albums ever since it was first announced and it finally dropped last night. i had high expectations after so the flies don't come, my second favorite album of 2015, and this surpassed them on the very first listen. milo has evolved more as an artist in a 5 year timespan than anyone i can think of, if you listen to things that happen at day/night from 2013 and then listen to this the difference is night and day. he went from pretty much doing spoken word over beats to rapping like a next-gen blowdian. he's really come into his own as a producer too, he produced 4 or 5 of the tracks under his "scallops hotel" alias. kenny segal did a bunch too, who produced milo's last album. some great jazzy beats on here. there's a ton of dope features on here as well from elucid, lorde fredd33, sb the moor, self jupiter, and busdriver. overall i'm really feeling this album a lot. definitely has AOTY potential but it's too early to tell, i gotta give it a few more listens. i can't see this getting knocked out of my top 5 though at least. definitely not for everyone, but if you couldn't fuck with his music in the past you should give this a shot, it might surprise you.

favorite tracks:

landscaping (ft. Elucid)
magician (suture)
pablum // CELESKINGIII
sorcerer
yet another (ft. Lorde Fredd33, Signor Benedick the Moor, YCP Beno)
ornette's swan song (ft. Self Jupiter)
embroidering machine
rapper (ft. Busdriver)

so basically the whole damn album lol.

eseph84

posted Friday, August 11, 2017 10:50:35 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
im gonna check that milo meng

tippi dink

posted Friday, August 11, 2017 11:04:11 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
you've never listened to a project of his before right? that's kinda surprising since you like open mike eagle, henry canyons, elucid, billy woods, homeboy sandman, etc. his music is kinda similar. don't you like serengeti too? anyway let me know what you think whenever you get around to checking it out.

eseph84

posted Friday, August 11, 2017 1:34:33 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
love serengeti

i dont think theirs a rapper ive met personally that ive ever grown man fan boyyed out on more than i did with him lol. i bought every item on his whole merch table and got jelly when he talked to girl fans lol

lol dude was coo as hell

and yeah, i don't know how either, i love his verse on that track from the ome split pants vinyl ep he dropped after dark comedy. i guess his albums never demanded me to personally seek them out cuz they never stood out before in the ughh store nor have i ever seen them in my record shop unfortunately, otherwise id'a prob already copped. i remember when fake four was rereleasing an album of his on wax and it caught my eye, but never ended up getting it. 2xlps are fucking expensive so I usually won't get something like that without knowing its something im guaranteed to be something i like.

all this is leading up to me finally peeping his stuff probably starting with this new cd which you seem to be very impressed with, which intrigues me cuz sometimes when someone has high expectations for something such as you did for this it can be met with disappointment. (long sentence lol)

posted Friday, August 11, 2017 1:49:50 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88

like all of fashawn's non-exile projects, this is a disappointment. this guy deserves so much better than the beats he gets. how appropriate is it that he's on nas' label, when he's got shit taste for picking beats, just like nas. the large pro track is the saving grace. fashawn kills that track. so good. fav track: fashawn

posted Friday, August 11, 2017 1:55:24 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88

projects like this make this a great year for me. great but underrated artists like these guys and clutchy hopkins randomly dropping projects this year, after years of silence, without any notice. damn, this is dope. check out that artwork. and the music lives up to it. i hate when dope artwork is wasted on wack projects. luckily, this ain't that. this is fucking great. highly recommended instro music. fav tracks: fires

tippi dink

posted Friday, August 11, 2017 2:07:42 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
hmm that makes sense. i always forget that there are people out there who only listen to physicals even though there's a million different ways to stream and album for free before you buy it.. i only do that with artists like billy woods, elucid, and aesop who have never disappointed me.

yeah i thought i rememered you talking about how much you liked geti in the past, his style is pretty similar. i think it's interesting how milo started out being influenced by all of these rappers like OME, driver, serengeti, etc and now they're all his contemporaries/ close friends that collab and tour together. you can hear the influence from all those guys and DOOM, freestyle fellowship, antipop consortium, etc but milo's stuff still stands out on it's own.

it's just cool to witness that growth and see an artist really come into their own, you can tell he gets better and more confident in what he's doing with each release. this album and "so the flies don't come" are his best but if you dig them you should definitely check out his other stuff. then there's the hellfyre club compilation and that short 4-track catcher of the fade ep he did with mike eagle, driver, and verBS.

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Friday, August 11, 2017 2:14:17 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
this

really dope album. im actually still a firm believer in this dude. he makes good beats all the time.

posted Friday, August 11, 2017 2:18:14 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
it's really too bad apollo's album with roc marc didn't work out. that would have been incredible.

eseph84

posted Friday, August 11, 2017 3:09:34 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
thanks tippi, yeah im weird like that, my excuse is i like to listen to these releases on quality systems even though i have two jam box thingies that i rarely use which would do the trick in a way I suppose. i just like physicals, i've always been a fan of the old turn & cough...

thanks for the recs!

ome is so doom inspired too.

i think lately, whether it sounds like it or not, my raps are most influence by doom and sean p. and then woods.

posted Friday, August 11, 2017 3:15:38 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
just finished my lunch break. was listening to that dirty art club, while reading. fuck me, that album is great. easily one of my favs of the year. what a great surprise, this release was, last week.

tippi dink

posted Friday, August 11, 2017 3:37:34 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
oh i love physicals too, but i only want physicals of albums i actually like and will listen to so i stream/download them first. i'm not really into collecting just to collect, aside from a few releases from the last 4 or 5 years, my record collection is just all of my favorite records that i never get sick of or that had an impact on me growing up.

i'm willing to bet that at least half of the new generation of underground/indie rappers that emerged in the last 7 or 8 years were influenced by DOOM in some way lol.

i've been listening to that new dirty art club a lot too, one of my favorite instrumental projects so far this year. so many gems on there.

posted Friday, August 11, 2017 4:51:12 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88

i typically only like bro ali tracks that are...i don't know how to explain it... more down to earth/chill. so listening to a comp made of the chill tracks from these three projects.

real as can be
crown jewel
good lord
babygirl
house keys
baby don't go
walking away
you say (puppy love)
take me home
begin here
us

i got to get his new album, badly.