UndergroundHipHop.com 12 Days of Christmas
Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (49) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Modern Hip Hop Classics Volume Three

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 20 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  Modern Hip Hop Classics Volume Three
bUcKtHaDeViL

Total Posts: 1339
posted Monday, October 09, 2017 7:41:33 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for bUcKtHaDeViL
The Doppelgangaz - Lone Sharks

On first listen ya might think Matter Ov Fact and EP are just two emcees who are stupid nice on the mic. The rhyme structures from both show that they are well studied in the art of rhyme.

It's the second and sometimes even third layer of lyrics you pick up on after a few spins where you realize the genius of Lone Sharks. Oh and don't forget they make their own beats. Walkin' through the woods dumpster diving at night, these two dudes kept up a happy face and dropped a modern muh-fuckin' hip hop classic. Word.

Partial IP: 62.144.146

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

Total Posts: 3056
posted Monday, October 09, 2017 7:43:31 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
that happy face intro is burned into my brain. love it but hark is better. and where is volume 2 of these threads?

Partial IP: 43.230.209

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Monday, October 09, 2017 7:45:52 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
doppel gospel is fantastic to. ther wordplay is second to none. only a few acts i can think of that come that original with the lyrics and roc marciano isnt one. prolly wally clark and doc illingsworth.

bUcKtHaDeViL

posted Monday, October 09, 2017 7:57:38 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for bUcKtHaDeViL

Dirty prostitutes, popping poots
And simultaneously dropping deuce
Who knocking boots in cahoots with the prophet youths
Raid the brothel with your sack of schillings
Doppel hobble like a pack of villains
Smoking crack from out the back of buildings
Plus a knack for gilding
A rather strange name change to Maximillion
Antiques full of patinas
This man reeks
Plus a rap sheet deep, full of subpoenas
Deceitful and demeanor, a creep
Have you seen a mystique creature in the heap whose feet have edema?
His joints have widened to oblivion
My bro siding, viewer riding on a sybian
Of Libyan descent, scheckels spent
Get privy to divying up lesser for your rent
Indebt 'em
For Huffy's on bike racks, he spend 'em
Was twice jacked

i cock the mic back an then i wet em'

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Monday, October 09, 2017 7:59:07 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
i believe thers a line about ass worship on this album. appreciated that and pawg searches lol

bUcKtHaDeViL

posted Monday, October 09, 2017 8:02:57 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for bUcKtHaDeViL
I remember somebody posted this incredible breakdown of the lyrics on this album and what they really were saying. Can't find it but it was real dope.

tippi dink

Total Posts: 5146
posted Monday, October 09, 2017 8:41:54 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
now here's a choice i can get behind, much more reasonable than flygod imo

my favorite album from one of my favorite groups out there right now. HARK, 2012, and dopp hopp are all top notch too but lone sharks was the first album of theirs i heard so i have more of an attachment to it. i was in college in 2011 when lone sharks dropped, and i would listen to it almost every single day on the bus home lol. also they're probably the best hip hop artists to come from upstate new york where i live. seen these guys live a few times now, always a great experience. the first thing that made me like these guys aside aside from the aesthetic is their attitude and how playful they are, which is refreshing since so many artists take themselves way too seriously. usually the artists who don't border on joke rap or are being satirical, but you can tell the doppelgangaz take their music just as serious as any other artist out there. these guys also managed to create music that still pays homage to 90s era but
still sounded fresh, and since then they've really kind of created their own sound even though i know some people don't care for their newer stuff as much. they've continued to evolve with their sound without ever straying too far from what made me a fan in the first place.

hard to say what the first song i heard from these guys was, but i know the one that hooked me was nexium which is still without a doubt my favorite track these guys have ever put out. when i first saw that video i must have replayed it 10 times, it's so well shot and fits the vibe of the track perfectly. that being said, i don't think there's a single bad track on lone sharks. whenever i listen to it i always end up playing it straight though, even if i only intend to listen to one track i always end up starting it from the beginning after. on a surface level the lyrics can seem pretty juvenile but they almost always have a deeper coded meaning, and that's something i love - when i can get something new out of an album every time i hear it. i don't think these guys get enough credit for that honestly, or just enough credit in general. i also really dig the whole philosphy behind the black cloak lifestyle: making the most out of a shitty situation, doing whatever you can with the tools you're given, unity/equality, etc. it's not much different from the based lifestyle that lil b preaches now that i think about it. anyway, lone sharks is definitely one of my top 5 favorite hip hop albums from this decade so far and i can't wait to see what these guys do in the future.

favorite tracks: nexium, get em, doppel gospel, rap $ unemployment, NY bushmen, at night, suppository

bUcKtHaDeViL

posted Monday, October 09, 2017 8:51:29 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for bUcKtHaDeViL
First song i heard was Get Em. EP's verse slayed me. I had no idea who they were up until that point. Are they any good live? I'm willing to bet they put on a decent show. I'd show up if they were doing something around the way.

tippi dink

Total Posts: 5146
posted Monday, October 09, 2017 8:58:38 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
they're great live, just as funny in person as you'd suspect after hearing their music. there was one show around halloween 4 or 5 years ago where EP decided to stage dive and crowd surf even though there were probably only 25 people in the venue lol, he said something about hoping he can trust us because he didn't have health insurance and then he just jumped.

Lit Jagger

Total Posts: 2275
Location: They call it the underground because that's where dead things are buried
posted Monday, October 09, 2017 9:34:13 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Lit Jagger
These threads aren't even that worthy to be making , just post it all in one thread

bUcKtHaDeViL

posted Monday, October 09, 2017 9:49:01 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for bUcKtHaDeViL
Lit Jagger - type of troll jerk off to sign up in an NFL thread to tell people soccer is better. LOL

Lit Jagger

Total Posts: 2275
Location: They call it the underground because that's where dead things are buried
posted Monday, October 09, 2017 11:42:37 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Lit Jagger
Its called football not soccer and football is better than NFL reason why it's the #1 sport in the world . NFL is only watched in America 😂;😂; I think I've only watched 2 games in my life. NFL sucks

5th point

Total Posts: 554
posted Monday, October 09, 2017 11:55:59 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 5th point   Click Here to Email 5th point
this is much better than volume 2, imo lonesharks is dopps best album, nexium alone is a classic to me

Seme__one

Total Posts: 1294
Location: I hate this board that's why I post here most days.
posted Tuesday, October 10, 2017 4:45:43 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
I would say its a great record but no, not a classic for me

dj rolo

Total Posts: 2994
posted Tuesday, October 10, 2017 8:08:41 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
buck make a volume 4 already

aeokq

Total Posts: 7167
posted Tuesday, October 10, 2017 10:21:59 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for aeokq   Click Here to Email aeokq
Never really liked these dudes' music. Maybe I'll give this a try. I did listen to Nexium when you guys were talking about their best songs a few weeks ago and I thought that was a very good track.

bUcKtHaDeViL

posted Wednesday, October 11, 2017 10:47:06 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for bUcKtHaDeViL
They bitin' my shit on the Coli now. lol

vinnny blanc

Total Posts: 5901
posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 1:45:10 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for vinnny blanc
Obturd pwnt and self pwnt

Total Posts: 16705
posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 10:26:31 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
dope thread series, buck. f'real, doggy.

I remember somebody posted this incredible breakdown of the lyrics on this album and what they really were saying. Can't find it but it was real dope.

tittymath is the one who broke it down. search his name, and you'll probably find the thread(s).

bUcKtHaDeViL

posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 9:03:07 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for bUcKtHaDeViL
http://forums.undergroundhiphop.com/readpost.asp?Forum=Common&Whichpage=1&QuestionID=2363447

Shout out to tittymath. Gems were dropped in the above thread.

Eric Wade

Total Posts: 12
posted Saturday, October 14, 2017 4:41:00 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Eric Wade   Click Here to Email Eric Wade
Upvote to The Doppelgangaz - Lone Sharks.

Partial IP: 58.233.129

All times are ET. The time now is 5:44 PM.Post viewed 592 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: