UndergroundHipHop.com 12 Days of Christmas
Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (42) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Whats In The System Weekend....

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 62 replies
Page: 1 2
AuthorTopic:  Whats In The System Weekend....
Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

Total Posts: 3136
posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 6:05:40 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
early

^^^ill artwork but it doesnt translate into the music. a lil late into the 70s to be really great and i love jazz flute and hubert but thers a ton of vocals on here and ther eh. id still peep for some of the solos.

^^^general weirdness from flylo. nice short project. thers a time and place for this but its far from his best project.

^^^finally peeped this. not nearly as good as i expected. i wanted to like it alot but its kinda boring. i wish ther was a reference to the gospel records they hit for each song but alch is stingy with the samples. its 2017 midget cmon bro. ill prolly go re-visit vol.1 after this but i wish this was better, most of the rappers sound lazy. surprisingly mach hommy track on the first half of this is good.

Partial IP: 43.230.209

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 6:28:24 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
also budgie got alch on this vol.2 of the good book

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 7:42:02 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo

plays like a thrown together ep but almost every song is good, just not cohesive. "spicy sammich" is hard.

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 7:50:25 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
heat

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 8:20:35 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
nice and short instrumental with beautiful artwork. dont think it warranted a vinyl release but his music is polished for sure.

hugo lx - ascent ep

Sp 90s

Total Posts: 2529
posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 10:02:36 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Sp 90s
Wu Tang Winter Warz
New Spark Master Tape track

Also peeped the movie 10 Cloverfield Lane last night and damn that shit was goooood. Hyped for God Particle now!

Partial IP: 62.144.146

Total Posts: 16726
posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 10:50:54 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
10clov was terrible. come on, dude. it was so forced, how they incorporated the spec script's story into the clov universe.

even if the end result was shitty, the producers were genius for how they handled this movie: buy a low budget spec script, slap your franchise brandname on it, and you'll end up with a low budget indie film cost but a summer blockbuster revenue. the profit margin on that film must have been high. the original spec script was a nice little script before they brought in damien chazelle to change it up and shove it into the clov universe.

Nassau William Senior

Total Posts: 2135
Location: Hot box, handsome on a hill, watchin' night lights stretch. A Los Angeles journalist like Fletch.
posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 10:54:15 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
Recent...

Mr. Brady - Speechless (2017)

I think this is my favorite instrumental album this year. Really amazing imo.

Eminem - The Slim Shady LP (1999)

I don't rate this as high as most, but it's still a solid album with some of the best Em ever. But tracks like '97 Bonnie & Clyde and My Fault keep it from a classic.

Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP (2000)

Em's first classic album. But not his best album ever. That would be...

The Eminem Show (2002)

Easily, the best Em album. Favorite tracks: Till I Collapse and Hailie's Song.

Lastly...

Cali Agents - How The West Was One (2000)

One of the most anticipated releases that I can ever remember. Such a great album. Only complaint is Real Talk. That song still sucks, but it doesn't knock the classic label off the album.

tippi dink

Total Posts: 5184
posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 11:12:17 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
i really liked 10 cloverfield lane. not really as a sequel, but just as a standalone movie. john goodman and MEW were both great in it. one of my favorite films from 2016.

tippi dink

posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 11:26:14 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink

pretty interesting instrumental album from earlier this year that i just got around to checking out a few days ago. i know they did another album together back in 2010 but i haven't heard it, so this is my first time hearing bei bei but i'm already familiar with shawn lee through his solo albums and his collabs with clutchy hopkins. bei bei plays a 21 stringed guzheng, which is a chinese instrument. her playing on here is very free flowing, i wouldn't be surprised if a lot of it was improvisational, but it's dope to me.

b-sides/loose tracks that didn't fit their album "past lives", which is one of my favorite albums from last year. some of these are alright but i definitely see why they didn't make the album. also jalaal salaam has one of the strangest voices i've ever heard in hip hop, definitely not for everyone but if you're feeling adventurous i definitely recommend the album past lives from last year.

Sp 90s

Total Posts: 2529
posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 11:27:33 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Sp 90s
Yea, you're just wrong on that one 88. That movie was awesome. I get what you're saying about how they basically jacked another script and incorporated into the Cloverfield universe, but it worked. Of course you're going to feel however you feel about it, but I think more people would agree with me.

posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 11:33:50 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
it could be because i read the OG spec script before i saw the movie. some of the changes they made - ones that had nothing to do with incorporating the story into the clov universe - were ill advised and watered the story down for seemingly no reason. it could have been way better, if they just left some things in the OG script alone, but i think it might have been too morally grey for them, and they might have wanted to make it more black and white. more of a "this guy is specifically a good guy and that guy is specifically a bad guy" type of thing. which is really lame and disappointing, because the OG script was so good at making it a difficult choice about which of the two male characters the female lead should side with, but the script ruined that complexity for a low brow, black and white story. i can see some film executives in a boardroom right now arguing that the one guy (not goodman) needs to be a genuine good guy, rather than the morally grey character he is in the OG script, where he'll do whatever it takes, at any cost, to survive. and then the opposite for goodman, they think he has to be bad. it compromises those characters, and, even moreso, it compromises the integrity of the female lead character, because it makes her choices a lot easier. it sucked, when i saw the movie, and saw how they watered that all down.

however, chazelle adding that prologue scene, where she's running away from commitment (literally leaving behind an engagement ring), and then having her steer her car towards the danger, made for a cleaner character arc for the woman, compared to what was in the spec script.

so the movie watered down the two male characters, which consequently diminished the agency allowed for the female lead, and they lowered the complexity of the three-way relationship a lot, but they also did a good job of making the main/female character's arc stronger. however, aliens randomly showing up at the end and completely destroying the whole tone of the movie was shitty and forced.

posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 11:38:12 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
and then having her steer her car towards the danger in the movie's final scene*

posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 11:42:47 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
i think the average moviegoer liked that movie a lot, but it was generally viewed by most cinephiles (god, i hate using these pretentious words) as a pretty bad movie, because of how lazily they forced the universe incorporation. a lot of the critics worth-a-damn said it was a good script made into a bland movie by studio motives. iiwii.

posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 11:49:49 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
anywho...

listening to a compilation i made, bringing together my fav tracks from these two projects, as well as the singles that dropped at the time that never made it onto any album. shoutout to wicked for hooking me up with quality versions of all the tracks i needed. street level was always a personal all time fav of mine, but now it's even better to me. aside from hit me with that - which is an all time fav rap song of mine - it's hard to pick any fav tracks, because they're all great to me. i guess... fav tracks: hit me with that, no equal, we came here, props over here

comp's tracklist:

intro
world's famous
props over here
hellraiser
are you ready
superbad
straight jacket
reign of the tec
let off a couple
no equal
yeah you get props
fried chickeen
get funky
fluid
2-3 break
40 oz
we came here
hit me with that

tippi dink

posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 11:51:05 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
i'm not gonna argue that it was the most amazing film ever or that it didn't have it's flaws but i still really enjoyed it, especially since i had never read that original script and already knew going into the movie that it was only loosely tied to the original cloverfield film. it's such a small part of the film that i can easily look past it and still enjoy it for what it is.

posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 12:11:37 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
yeah, again, reading the script before seeing the movie had a huge impact on my opinion of the movie. there were so many places where they neutered the quality of the story, because movie executives underestimate the intelligence of the average audience, so they think the story should be basic, because they think the audience is basic. which is wrong. so, in other words, i have trouble with the movie because i know how much better it could have been. it was all there. it could have been great. so i see missed opportunities that others wouldn't see going into the movie cold, and, therefore, i would submit that i'm bad at judging the movie at face value.

however, even the cinephiles/critics who didn't read the script said it was a bland movie, and that the universe tie-in was unnecessarily and lazily forced. it seems like they put more effort into dumbing the movie down than they did into tieing it into the clov universe. and that's the worst thing about the movie, tbh. it's admirable when filmmakers working within a franchise put in effort to make their individual film good in its own right (see: what taika waititi is doing with thor), but, in this case, instead of putting in extra effort to make the movie good in its own right, they, instead, made the movie a dumber version of itself. it's insulting to the audience, imo.

anyway, there's a reason i don't talk about movies on ughh, lol. it's like talking about underground artists on the coli. it's just not the right place for it. iiwii.

tippi dink

posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 12:21:58 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink

revisiting this project. i really like castle, he has a great voice for rap and he's got that cynical, sarcastic humor that i love similar to artists like billy woods, aesop rock, despot, or lodeck. plus his music is loaded with comic book references and you know i'm all about that, even his name is a reference to the punisher. i'm hoping he'll either do another album with has-lo or put out a solo record next year.

favorite tracks on here: gorilla grodd, good times, han dolo

posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 12:23:03 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88

the connector i use in my car to hook my ipod up to my car system broke, so i got tim maia on cd on my drives to/from work. this guy, as i've said before, deserves to be held up there with the all time greats, but he's lost in exotic/foreign obscurity to the average listener, unfortunately. he's so unknown to american audiences that there's never been an english language biography of him in print. even though he had an insane life, joining cults and shit. although, to be fair, english language biographies don't seem to exist for any of the great brazilian musicians (ie os mutantes, jorge ben, caetano veloso, etc.), which represents a real unfortunate disinterest in some great music. amazingly, there seems to be only one english book written about the tropicalia movement. it's insane! antonio carlos jobim is the only major brazilian artist who i've looked and have found a biography on. anyway, i love love looooove tim maia's music. he had so much energy behind his baritone voice. i don't know who his band was - perhaps it was all just brazilian studio musicians - but, man, they could play. the instrumentals are so tight. this is essential music. go listen to the arrangements of over again, or how the guitar comes in on que beleza. man. that's good fucking music. fav tracks: que beleza, over again, o caminho do bem

eseph84

Total Posts: 6063
posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 1:56:37 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
the beatnuts albums r so dope 88

what tracks were the rare singles, im not hip??

castle is dope too. him and has new project would be dope

posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 2:06:40 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
intro - street level LP
world's famous - intoxicated demons EP
props over here - street level LP
hellraiser - street level LP
are you ready - street level LP
superbad - street level LP
straight jacket - street level LP
reign of the tec - intoxicated demons EP
let off a couple - street level LP
no equal - intoxicated demons EP
yeah you get props - street level LP
fried chickeen - street level LP
get funky - street level LP
fluid - non-album single
2-3 break - street level LP
40 oz - non-album single
we came here - non-album single
hit me with that - street level LP

posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 2:08:02 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
i wouldn't say they're rare. i think they were all released on "unreleased comps" years later, such as that ufo comp. they're just non-album singles. so they're not on spotify, and they generally don't get discussed much. which is unfortunate, because all three of those tracks are great.

posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 2:12:48 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
they might be on spotify, if spotify has the ufo comp. i have no idea if it does or not, though. i don't use spotify, tbh.

eseph84

posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 2:21:45 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
i just got that new wuu. suuuu me!

eseph84

posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 3:30:13 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
thanks 88! fluid and 40 oz my next two i'll track down

SC1989

Total Posts: 1710
posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 4:18:47 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for SC1989
Billy Woods discography
I never heard a beatnuts album in my life.So one there albums
Keloid

posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 4:45:00 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88

this shit was a total, bonafide gamechanger in 1967. while everyone was going psychedelic and pushing themselves to their maximal limits - going as big and loud as they possibly could - bob was going as stripped down and rough as he could, proving that raw talent is all that matters. everyone was exploding, but bob was imploding in a basement. after the beatles went all out on sgt pepper and the white album, they went back to basics, not just because they needed to after how exhausting their last albums were, but also because of bob's influence. fav tracks: i shall be released, tears of rage

posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 5:13:42 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88

whatup, red.

ughh life

Total Posts: 37
posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 5:22:25 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for ughh life

Partial IP: 5.37.76.81

Clockworx (Admin)

Total Posts: 37971
posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 6:24:22 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Yo 88 i wasn't aware of the script shit with 10 Cloverfield but i thought the movie was pretty good. To find out at the end that Goodmans character was right all along was a nice twist. Yea the alien attack was slightly cheeseball but still didn't ruin what otherwise was a suspenseful hour and change with them in the bunker. Never saw the first one.

Bumped some of the new Meyhem today along with this cover...

Partial IP: 73.63.89.4

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 6:25:58 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
that tim maia is a monster. and a good movie has been made since the wrestler with mickey rourke lol. i watch all in the family and wrestling everyday and skateboard videos

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 6:26:30 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
*hasnt

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 6:28:19 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
started the making of a murderer with my gf last night. taking advantage of the dumb is sad is all i have to say. wen dude got out in 2003 he had a better beard than bronson tho. we also watched jesus camp the other night and the resurrection of jake the snake. it was a good evening.

posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 6:30:15 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
Yo 88 i wasn't aware of the script shit with 10 Cloverfield but i thought the movie was pretty good. To find out at the end that Goodmans character was right all along was a nice twist. Yea the alien attack was slightly cheeseball but still didn't ruin what otherwise was a suspenseful hour and change with them in the bunker. Never saw the first one.

i never saw the first one either, clock. as i said above, the disappointment in the movie for me was more about what it could have been based on the OG script versus the dumbed down end result that was the movie. if you went into the movie not knowing there was a far better version of it out there, it'd undoubtedly be an easier watch.

posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 6:35:57 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88

just saw the movie, scratch, for the first time, last week. the best parts of it, imo, were the parts with cut chemist and dj shadow. they were talking about this dj series, lessons. and here it is, on itunes. so dope. just a bunch of breaks being sampled by some of the best DJs out there. man, that dj shadow section of the scratch film was great. all the other parts were just DJs talking about whatever, but then you get to the shadow section, and he starts getting all deep and philosophical, lol. it was great.

posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 6:39:31 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88

drums slap

marley fairy

Total Posts: 4
posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 6:54:49 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for marley fairy

Partial IP: 5.37.76.81

ern

Total Posts: 4421
posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 7:09:16 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for ern
NWS you said 97 Bonnie & Clyde is wack but Hailie's Song is dope??? *shakes head*

Nassau William Senior

Location: Hot box, handsome on a hill, watchin' night lights stretch. A Los Angeles journalist like Fletch.
posted Thursday, October 12, 2017 9:40:08 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
GP lugy

Ern, yes. Shake away.

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Friday, October 13, 2017 8:35:58 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
this

more heat from giallo. really dope album cover to.

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Friday, October 13, 2017 9:20:12 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
yo 88 how u feel bout this one

shit is cinematic but far from his best project. but dude makes amazing music. super talented.

posted Friday, October 13, 2017 10:53:59 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
i only kept a couple tracks from that one.

of all his instro projects, these were my favs:

beautiful pollution, off the far right project is maybe my fav beat by him. i fucking love that track.

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Friday, October 13, 2017 11:05:12 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
^^^good stuff, he has a ton of great music. a ton!

posted Friday, October 13, 2017 11:09:46 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
yeah, he hasn't dropped anything since feb2016. hopefully something new comes by the end of the year. same with the nothing. i've been waiting impatiently for both of these producers to drop some new heat all year.

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Friday, October 13, 2017 11:24:25 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
infinity gauntlet is slightly better than the nothing. wish he had more music for free.

posted Friday, October 13, 2017 11:40:20 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
i need to get that giallo point. i got a lot of his instro discog, but not that one.

Nassau William Senior

posted Friday, October 13, 2017 12:26:54 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
88, u see this release from Scvtterbrvin?

Just dropped...

posted Friday, October 13, 2017 12:30:45 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
i'm listening to that right now. my other friend just mentioned it to me, lol. looks like it's been out for a year, though, on his soundcloud:

Nassau William Senior

posted Friday, October 13, 2017 12:35:22 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
oh shit, thanks. gonna peep now.

looks like it's 3 of the tracks.

might cop this on vinyl, but $40 is expensive as fuck. scvtterbrvin is a good dude tho.

posted Friday, October 13, 2017 12:37:34 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
i think it only is 3 tracks. or is it more? all the details i find seem to suggest it's only three tracks. maybe i'm missing something. link?

Nassau William Senior

posted Friday, October 13, 2017 12:39:07 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
iTunes shows 13 tracks

posted Friday, October 13, 2017 12:41:16 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
oh, shit. i didn't look on itunes. dope!

All times are ET. The time now is 1:12 PM.Post viewed 933 timesPage: 1 2
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: