UndergroundHipHop.com 12 Days of Christmas
Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (46) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Weekend Thread (11-30-12/3)

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 57 replies
Page: 1 2
AuthorTopic:  Weekend Thread (11-30-12/3)
Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

Total Posts: 3127
posted Thursday, November 30, 2017 8:28:00 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo

one of the best produced giallo projects ever i think. and recognize ali is dope enough to give the beats even more life. dope voice. solid project

Partial IP: 224.194.89

no mask

Total Posts: 8063
posted Thursday, November 30, 2017 9:27:52 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^yeah giallo brought it on that album.

i'm gonna force myself to check out the new JR Writer album called "I really Rap". couldnt find a stream to embed yet. not expecting great beats.

i'm starting the year end process of re checking 2017 albums i didnt give a proper chance and seeing what dropped that i missed.

no mask

posted Thursday, November 30, 2017 10:11:17 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
from the album:

trailer:

Total Posts: 16725
posted Thursday, November 30, 2017 11:09:25 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88

the last three tracks on this are so damn good. i've basically just had those three on repeat, non-stop. the rest is good too, but those three are perfect. fav tracks: reve d'amour no. 3, grand etudes de paganini: III. la campanella

posted Thursday, November 30, 2017 11:22:38 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88

such perfect background music. live instrumentation that sounds like 90's dilla. what more could you want? made a comp of my fav tracks by him the other night, and have been listening to it a lot over the last few days. swarvy's cover of ramsey lewis' sun goddess is particularly cool. highly recommended instros. fav tracks: kittylitter, sungoddess, carried away, cherokee, peanut butter and jelly

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Thursday, November 30, 2017 11:26:48 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo

such a dope album. del goes off on every track. a monster on this album. beats are cool to. track with el-p was always nice. and "if u must" off that tony hawk soundtrack tippi dink i see u

posted Thursday, November 30, 2017 11:29:04 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88

that del cover reminded me of bayete, so i'm about to bump his classic. free angela is the highlight of this album. jay elect fans should recognize the last movement of this track as the sample behind dear moleskine. so good fav tracks: free angela

eseph84

Total Posts: 6056
posted Thursday, November 30, 2017 11:47:47 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
lol i been reintroducing my kids to them old tony hawk games. u betta wash yo ass/ ya better brush yo teef lol observe

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Thursday, November 30, 2017 12:04:54 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
the dude freddie

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Thursday, November 30, 2017 12:58:36 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
ive been sick for the last 36 hrs. i tried my best not to puke and succeeded but holy fuck the nausea. i still got the shits but i finally ate. the bagel tasted like heaven. now im bout to run to steak and shake and really put a beat down on my digestive system. ill prolly shit standin up after. wish me luck but i can fuckin taste that shitty burger. too excited.

posted Thursday, November 30, 2017 1:05:51 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
last night's episode of mr. robot got me bumping this joint right now:

chorus is so dope.

Norman Stansfield

Total Posts: 1443
posted Thursday, November 30, 2017 1:33:48 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Norman Stansfield
Love hip hop & all, but it's all about Glassjaw this weekend my brothers.

posted Thursday, November 30, 2017 1:39:41 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88

haven't bumped this in a while. fela kuti's youngest son. pretty great afro beat. however, it might make you want to just listen to fela, lol. fav tracks: mr. big thief, you can run

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Thursday, November 30, 2017 2:34:50 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
this is fuckin incredible. one of the best things sinitus tempo has done

love this guy

dj rolo

Total Posts: 3015
posted Thursday, November 30, 2017 3:04:35 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
that RecAli/Giallo is daf

no mask

posted Thursday, November 30, 2017 4:00:22 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
5 fahim Ep's just put up on HHB.

dump truck 2,3,4,5 and Tha God Fahim x Heem Stogied Gun Karate

i'll be peepin those.

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Thursday, November 30, 2017 4:12:14 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
ern if u havent seen it. thers a 20 min doc done in 2016 about tiger mask and dynamite kid. holy fuck. dynamite looks like hes gonna die any minute. def check it out.

posted Thursday, November 30, 2017 5:20:01 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
5 fahim Ep's just put up on HHB.

dope! i'ma get those tonight.

posted Thursday, November 30, 2017 5:21:39 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
looks like this also just dropped on hhb:

posted Thursday, November 30, 2017 5:31:51 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88

admittedly, i only kept seven tracks from these two and deleted the rest. which isn't a problem to me. i really like some of the beats on here, like the garden and family. real nice. some remind me of mf doom beats, actually, such as flowers n graveyards. fav tracks: burnt gold, family

Clockworx (Admin)

Total Posts: 37967
posted Thursday, November 30, 2017 5:36:05 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Yo 88 im about to watch last nights Mr. Robot. Tell me the last few episodes haven't been some of the best TV this year? Starting with that 'one shot' commercial free episode. That show is just on a different level then most current ones.

posted Thursday, November 30, 2017 5:42:05 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
it's been pretty exciting, yeah. i was reading a review of last night's episode (no spoilers), and the critic made a good point: after the complaints that season two went way too into elliot's head and was too detached from reality, esmail's designed season three to be more about the side characters. season two could kind of be seen as spinning wheels since so much of it was just elliot's thoughts and all, so it's nice to see some straightforward plot progression in this new season. there have even been some episodes that have been kind of tv-conventional in season three, unlike season one and two which were pretty alien from normal tv storytelling. after last night's episode, though, i don't know how much farther this show will be able to go without starting to get repetitive. trying real hard no to spoil it here, lol. however, i remember having a similar feeling at the end of season one like i had no idea how it could keep going, because the finale felt so...what now? if you know what i mean.

posted Thursday, November 30, 2017 5:43:07 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
not sure i'd call it the best tv out right now, but it's definitely been exciting the last few episodes.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Thursday, November 30, 2017 5:47:36 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
In couple hours after peeping it ill let you know my thoughts. I was more in the minority as i enjoyed Season 2 after the first few episode. There was one episode that barely had Elliot in it, think it was when Angela and company hacked the FBI, and it was one of my favorites of the season. Definitely a lot more straight forward this season tho for sure.

posted Thursday, November 30, 2017 5:55:42 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
yeah, you're right, now that i think about it. there was also all that stuff with darlene and the fsociety gang in S2.

i think the complaint is more about how so much time was spent in what turned out to be a trick/lie (specifically: the prison), which annoyed people, who were like, "okay, cool, now get on with the plot". i was fine with it, i'm just stating what others complained about.

i think it also was the fact that people were starting to get sick of the mystique of the show. being left in the dark for too long. behind every curtain was just another curtain, and people wanted an actual, genuine reveal. instead, you get stuff like all this setup of angela meeting whiterose, and then the actual meeting scene is possibly the most vague/withholding scene in the series (albeit, still real cool). eventually, it's nice to figure out what's going on, and i think people were getting impatient about being so kept in the dark in season two. season three's been way better, in terms of setups and payoffs, such as all the stuff with tyrell and whiterose this season. there have been some actual payoffs; a lot of cards have finally been shown this season, which has been nice.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Thursday, November 30, 2017 7:55:38 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
I agree the prison mirage went on a couple episodes too long. His speech on religion during one of the prison groups was epic.

What you think of last nights episode? Definitely slowed the momentum down to damn near a halt. That wasn't a bad thing to me tho. It allowed the audience to take a breather instead of having action packed episode after action packed episode. Still had a nice reveal at the end in regards to Trenton's e-mail. Also how her brothers nagging ways inadvertently prevented Elliot from killing himself. The ode to Back To The Future 2 was amazing.

Listened to this today...

So many bangers on there. Wu Fam at it's peak. Smoked a joint with my boy heading to first day of junior year of high school bumping this album.

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Thursday, November 30, 2017 8:05:13 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
^^^ive never heard that comp before. and i see it alot

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Thursday, November 30, 2017 8:26:06 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
last 5 songs on my favorites playlist

1. c-murder - watch yo enemies ft. magic
2. the beatnuts - if it aint gangsta ft. sean black attack
3. onyx - walk in new york
4. camp lo - hollywood at the disco
5. dillon cooper - knuckle up

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Thursday, November 30, 2017 8:40:54 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
next 5...

1. jon connor - u don't know
2. necro - pit
3. beanie sigel - gotta have it ft. peedi crack & twista
4. dmx - tales from the darkside
5. astro - flow

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Thursday, November 30, 2017 8:55:09 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
i just noticed jr writer sitting next to danny brown in that video still shot. i fuckin hope hes dissing him somethin hard. dude is a jabroni to the max. sick of that jerkoff

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Thursday, November 30, 2017 8:56:57 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
last 5...

1. beanie sigel - beanie (mack bitch)
2. astro - cordoroy couch
3. jay-z - jigga my n*gga
4. asaad - holla
5. akinyele freestyle (sway and tech)

no mask

posted Friday, December 01, 2017 8:00:13 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^ he dosnt mention any of them directly but does so generally by dissing weirdo styles, mumble shit, pill heads. etc. albums just o.k though. too much trap influence with the beats and some of his rhyme styles. he still has it though- some nice lines and multis. he just needs better beats and no trap influence.

eseph84

posted Friday, December 01, 2017 10:29:23 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
i just got some new tunes so thats what i'll be doin this weekend, chillin and bumpin. then goin to get an xmas tree griswald style

i got the big city (psycho les, problemz, and al tariq) album "the city never sleeps"(thanks 88)

i got a cd copy of ab - blue chips 7000, excited to peep it this weekend especially after ab renewed my faith with his killer flows on equinox

waiting on my ughh order which should come today

and i just got four more of my cd's pressed by kunaki so i'll be enjoying those test presses this weekend (2 more that have yet to ship)

early xmas for the gawd if i do say so myself...

Nassau William Senior

Total Posts: 2131
Location: Hot box, handsome on a hill, watchin' night lights stretch. A Los Angeles journalist like Fletch.
posted Friday, December 01, 2017 10:44:29 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
just hit play itt on the swarm...good suggestion clock. personal classic to me.

can't believe etw hasn't heard it. don't think it will be the same today hearing it for the first time as in 1998.

eseph84

posted Friday, December 01, 2017 10:55:55 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
the swarm was great. the remedy joint, the beggaz so many tracks i love! ill ass beats!

posted Friday, December 01, 2017 11:08:46 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
What you think of last nights episode? Definitely slowed the momentum down to damn near a halt. That wasn't a bad thing to me tho. It allowed the audience to take a breather instead of having action packed episode after action packed episode. Still had a nice reveal at the end in regards to Trenton's e-mail. Also how her brothers nagging ways inadvertently prevented Elliot from killing himself. The ode to Back To The Future 2 was amazing.

i'm not sure how i felt about it, haha. like i was saying above, i keep wondering how much farther this show can go. i mean, after last night's episode, i think it's safe to say elliot's gone as low as he possibly can by trying to kill himself. so what more is there? he can't go any lower. the thing i like about the show is that it goes up and down in terms of elliot's mood, based on how driven he is. at the beginning of the episode, he's as low as he can get, because his purpose has been hijacked by the dark army, destroyed, and repurposed into blatant terrorism. by the end of the episode, he's driven, so things are positive. it's nice that it's not always one note, and it feels like for at least the next two episodes, if not further on, he'll be more driven by following through on trenton's e-mail. that's what was so great about season one: elliot had a goal to strive towards. in season two, even though the other characters had goals, elliot just kind of moped around for a bit too long. season three's been nice in that elliot had a goal (prevent the building from blowing up), but then whiterose flipped that onto its head by blowing every other building up. so now a new goal emerges: to right what's wrong (or try to, i don't know how you can make right thousands of deaths) and stop the dark army from causing further damage.

however, it feels like esmail has taken the character as low as he can possibly go in the last episode, so i don't know how much farther he can take the character in the negativity direction without it feeling like esmail's spinning his wheels and getting repetitive. although i'm a huge fan of the show, i'm wondering if it should end after the next season. whiterose has shown his cards finally as the true antagonist of the show, and elliot seems to be ready to veer towards hero mode again. so the conflict can finally become a direct "good guy vs bad guy" scenario, and hopefully come to a good conclusion, rather than carrying on for more seasons than it needs to.

clock, during the final scenes of the episode, elliot turns towards positivity and doing what's right and switching to full hero mode. do you think it's a coincidence that, as elliot transforms into the hero the show's world needs, the song playing is "in time"? the song's about how time will heal all wounds. for example, here's the chorus:

In time we'll be dancing in the streets all night
All night, all night
In time, yes, everything will be all right
All right, all right
It'll take time but we're going far
You and me, yes I know we are

In time we'll be dancing in the streets all night

so, considering the theme of this song, and the fact that this song is being played as elliot realizes his new purpose - to fix the damage done, and, consequently, confront his antagonist, whiterose - it doesn't feel like a coincidence that whiterose is obsessed with time and keeping on schedule. elliot (our hero) needs time to fix things and heal all wounds; whiterose (our villain) moves quickly, keeping a very tight schedule. so is esmail giving us a sign that elliot won't win? that whiterose moves too fast for a hero that needs to slow down? whiterose has always been two steps ahead of everyone. so is it too late and is the mountain too high to climb for elliot, if he needs time that whiterose won't afford him? i might be getting carried away with it here, but i don't know. thoughts?

tippi dink

Total Posts: 5180
posted Friday, December 01, 2017 11:13:41 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink

been revisiting a bunch of albums over the last few weeks trying to put together my year end list, and to see which albums have moved up/down over the year. this is pretty much my top 25 albums (not eps) in order right now but it's missing kendrick, big krit, tyler, saturation II, medslaus, dr. quandary, and roc marciano since i couldn't embed them. a few of these are newer, and others dropped in the beginning of the year but have never left rotation. the oddisee, a7pha, and OME really grew on me since i first heard them. still need to back and listen to a bunch of other projects, so if there any albums you think i might not have given enough attention to feel free to let me know.

posted Friday, December 01, 2017 11:24:12 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
my fav part of the episode, though, was definitely the jewish ice cream truck driver who plays orson welles' war of the worlds over his speaker system. so great, lol.

posted Friday, December 01, 2017 11:29:18 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88

just got this shit last night, and haven't had time to listen yet. going to while i do some boring paperwork today. so hyped to hear this. i'm sure it'll be in steady rotation for the rest of my damn life.

posted Friday, December 01, 2017 11:36:11 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88

the ping pong orchestra is back after five years. dope!

eseph84

posted Friday, December 01, 2017 1:14:13 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
yo tippi u have any idea when they gon starting shipping the a&h rome on vinyl??

tippi dink

Total Posts: 5180
posted Friday, December 01, 2017 1:38:55 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
nah i don't eseph, the site says "preorders ship by 11/27" but i don't have any tracking info so i'm not sure if they've actually shipped or what.

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Friday, December 01, 2017 3:30:05 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
woody guthrie is great. son even better, arlo.

aeokq

Total Posts: 7171
posted Friday, December 01, 2017 5:11:40 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for aeokq   Click Here to Email aeokq
The Swarm is so fucking ill.

Royce's verse is killer. Ab-Soul's verse is fire too. Album is good, only a couple weak beats from Premo.

Was just listening to this driving around. Nothing amazing but some feel good music.

posted Friday, December 01, 2017 6:03:04 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88

mostly just listening for the song, big rock candy mountain, but there are some other straight gems on here too. eez doap. fav tracks: big rock candy mountain, didn't leave nobody but the babe, in the hedges, hard time killing floor blues

posted Friday, December 01, 2017 6:47:00 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88

attn gino hernandez

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Friday, December 01, 2017 7:12:50 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
^^^yessssssssss, got it. thanks 88

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Friday, December 01, 2017 7:23:44 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
first 5 fav list shuffle

1. kool keith - el daradoe's
2. freddie gibbs & madlib - scarface
3. bishop nehru - lemon grass
4. apathy - times up freestyle
5. m.o.p. - ante up remix ft. busta rhymes, teflon and remy ma

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Friday, December 01, 2017 7:42:06 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
next 5....

1. chris rivers - lyrical catastropy
2. a tribe called quest - can i kick it?
3. mega trife - that jazz
4. antwon - rare 2000S
5. cypress hill - i wanna get high

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Friday, December 01, 2017 8:01:49 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
last 5....

1. nas- thiefs theme
2. d'angelo - devils pie
3. mad skillz - move ya body
4. thirstin howl the 3rd - watch deez ft. eminem
5. eminem - low down dirty

Partial IP: 43.230.209

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Friday, December 01, 2017 8:21:35 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
clock, during the final scenes of the episode, elliot turns towards positivity and doing what's right and switching to full hero mode. do you think it's a coincidence that, as elliot transforms into the hero the show's world needs, the song playing is "in time"? the song's about how time will heal all wounds. for example, here's the chorus:

To me there are zero coincidences. If you want your mind blown with theories and realizations, head to the Mr. Robot reddit subforum. Even Esmail has stated he reads it regularly and enjoys peeping all the different theories. One i enjoyed was Elliot sucking on the lollipop as he left Trenton's parents place was foreshadowing him working with Dom, especially after that e-mail to close out the episode. Quick refresher, Dom last season always sucked on lollipops.

This whole scene was an artistic masterpiece...

Out of all the shows im currently watching, its my favorite for sure.

anti-stunna

Total Posts: 248
posted Friday, December 01, 2017 9:55:58 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for anti-stunna

All times are ET. The time now is 8:29 PM.Post viewed 592 timesPage: 1 2
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: