UndergroundHipHop.com 12 Days of Christmas
Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (83) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Benny The Butcher • Tana Talk 3 Live At Sobs Nyc•ft. Westside Gunn, Co

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 34 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  Benny The Butcher • Tana Talk 3 Live At Sobs Nyc•ft. Westside Gunn, Co
ci_fus

Total Posts: 4477
Location: Toronto - 2jzgte,pte2 6870,tomi cams,9:1 CP, AEM V2, 2000 fid cc, Audio - hide my tears
posted Wednesday, January 30, 2019 1:02:47 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for ci_fus

men saying NY don't have any sounds. You know who you are.

LOl agalah's ban must of got lifted. Fucken goof.

Partial IP: 224.194.89

akshinpak

Total Posts: 910
posted Wednesday, January 30, 2019 9:15:58 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for akshinpak
Tana Talk 3 was the best album for 2018! Raw street tales over DoPE grimey Beats. What else can you ask for?? And then that boring ass evidence album won SMH

GRMPA

Total Posts: 3059
posted Wednesday, January 30, 2019 11:37:27 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for GRMPA   Click Here to Email GRMPA
Not gna lie that hitler jacket wsg is wearing is fly as all get out

GRMPA

posted Wednesday, January 30, 2019 11:57:10 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for GRMPA   Click Here to Email GRMPA
haha fair

GRMPA

posted Wednesday, January 30, 2019 12:33:44 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for GRMPA   Click Here to Email GRMPA
Hey marley you wanna go to duck donuts w me this summer?

GRMPA

posted Wednesday, January 30, 2019 12:52:05 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for GRMPA   Click Here to Email GRMPA
That’s really cool of you.

GRMPA

posted Wednesday, January 30, 2019 1:07:27 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for GRMPA   Click Here to Email GRMPA
oh yeah ?

I'll put it atop my list of places I must go to, but I am gna be in the outer banks this summer and I want to hang out with you in real life.

GRMPA

posted Wednesday, January 30, 2019 1:17:26 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for GRMPA   Click Here to Email GRMPA
bc I love you

dj rolo

Total Posts: 5879
posted Wednesday, January 30, 2019 1:25:18 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
best album of 2018? not even close lol

GRMPA

posted Wednesday, January 30, 2019 2:07:12 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for GRMPA   Click Here to Email GRMPA

Hey Rolo I agree. Notorious Dump Legends is better, but TT3 is pretty great.

Mental Patient UGHH Artist

Total Posts: 5250
posted Wednesday, January 30, 2019 2:13:54 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Mental Patient
Fredo giving me the creeps. If you don't have anything nice to type don't type nothing at all. Sorry breh bro.

Go eat a mango with Litney. Each of you can have your own. ☀;👍;🌞;

GRMPA

posted Wednesday, January 30, 2019 5:14:24 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for GRMPA   Click Here to Email GRMPA
That’s really sweet

ci_fus

Location: Toronto - 2jzgte,pte2 6870,tomi cams,9:1 CP, AEM V2, 2000 fid cc, Audio - hide my tears
posted Wednesday, January 30, 2019 5:29:46 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for ci_fus
"^^^also boring. benny aint it"

LOl maybe some synthesized keys and a beat 250 bps+

Lame.

ci_fus

posted Thursday, January 31, 2019 12:01:04 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for ci_fus
With that logic who isn't boring? Who isn't a copied print form another man? who isn't mimicking a sound that hasn't been heard in the past 15+ years?

Pick your poison but there isn't one rapper that won't get criticized in this forum. If this month you're not on that "Street talk" then your on some "conscious talk" etc.....

Can't please everyone, especially in this shit hole.

But if Benny isn't the answer, then evidence Damn sure isn't but 'the point isn't it?

daddy says benny is boring, and aint it
but voted #1 for - apathy - the widows son

Not even close to being "it" but that's your taste. I could break it down to a man who isn't streets, talking tough, nonsensical rhymes that really isn't saying shit and is just a 2005/ ish sounding album mixed with 2018 seasoning.

" I Slap a mutherfucker in the 4th dimension"

No shit? Does he have other space time dimensional options?

i guess a white man talking tough talk over nice beats gets a pass. Or simply is more closer to a level comfort for someone like Daddy vs reality(benny 100% over apathy)

but a Black man living in the streets talking street talk is boring?

Again from apathy on the very album daddy voted for:

"fingers with ferddy knives and chainsaws/ put you in a coma make your brain pause"

Again this white boy isn't doing a God damn thing hes spitting, and doesn't roll with men who will do anything like this, yet this fake ass tough talk resonates with daddy?

But Benny says something like

"we watch Ni at at #Z eating, now we getting even, we watched their mothers cry, but that just made us risk our freedom / that 40 blows you, get ripped to pieces, body leaking, have your family in this bitch grieving"

And its boring street talk

i could dismantel that entire Apathy album and rip it to pieces and sperate the beats from the bullshit, but i won't.

i could dissect - dr. octagon's joint , and criticize almost every beat on it, but it's different, its "creative" and its clearly something Daddy would proudly buy, spin, and preach about. Where i would entertain buying it simply to slam my Stein on it, and watch the beer drippings soak the pieces.

/Rant

ci_fus

posted Thursday, January 31, 2019 12:39:16 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for ci_fus
"yet the ditc suck apathys dick "

Lol, that's not saying much. A group that had one album and lives through outlets like UGHH isn't much praise. Ghost face, Rae, LoX, do the same for benny and the crew. Ghost and rae > DITC at any career point.

" paz was number one"
That doesn't help you. At least with Apathy some shred of dignity is retained.

"don't act like im related to the people i give money to"

Thats one of the things i respect about you. You're pretty opened minded. I like most of your posts. but calling bennys album boring, and not "it", and having PAz / apathy over it, is a real head scratcher. So i had to bite you sort of speak.

BUT - im as wrong as saying their not it like you are with benny. But damn its hard to say that.

I think it's exactly what Ny needs, and even if there a hundred mini versions of them, they're not doing it like them. IF it's not them then who else for that "grimy / street" talk music?

Seme__one

Total Posts: 2832
posted Thursday, January 31, 2019 1:01:19 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
Drops on vinyl on Daupe monday 4pm London time if your interested Gino'

Lpac

Total Posts: 8830
posted Thursday, January 31, 2019 1:18:25 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Lpac
"Without the griselda sound nobody i repeat nobody would give a shit. "

Co-sign this, listen to his earlier stuff over trap beats etc, it's horrific and boring

ci_fus

posted Thursday, January 31, 2019 1:33:36 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for ci_fus
"musical taste isnt attached in ne way to the human being i am. i could like allllllllll faggot artists or angry wiggers or mixtape bullshit and id be the same."

It outlines your spectrum of taste and as subjective as it is, you are classified by grouping collected examples and plotting you in a specified region of said taste/sound.

Im not here to claim you are defined by the music you listen to. I'm here saying what i consider bullshit, from a very open minded perspective with various tastes in hip hop and other genres in music, your claim is deemed "void" IMO by ranking the "sub-par" albums you listed as number 1/2 and calling benny's "boring"

"skilled that I LIKE such as papoose or cassidy had daringer beats they would slaughter benny or the other way around"

says you and maybe a handful of other people.but that's no different than NoMask saying "myka 9 is a legend" TO him and 3 or 4 other people (lol) it is true. And who are we to say otherwise?

" griselda as a whole all of em are drill rap over avant garde beats and beats we prolly wont give a shit about in 5 yrs."

Perhaps, But at least in the now, Ive heard their names on "funk flex, shade 45, breakfast club". In buffalo they're definitely the crew representing / holding it down (Yea yea bummy buffalo)

They go tthe backing From wu, LOX, and messed with Elzhi, Roc < bronson, Mayhem, Alch, ETC.

They're signed with shady records.

Whats Apathy/Paz got? Your #1 and 2# vote and combined album sales of what 300? They can't even make too much noise in here, forget the real world.

Lets see VInny, or apathay sell out SOBs , or even have the venue book them lol.

And everyone, Mostly, will pass in relevance 5 years form now. So who cares? Unless your "drake, jay z, Rick ross, lil wayne" you not living for too long. The little UGHH fans you have now won't be the same 5 years from now. so its pretty much plotted.

dj rolo

Total Posts: 5879
posted Thursday, January 31, 2019 6:09:54 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
lol at spark master tape^ ....terrible

akshinpak

posted Thursday, January 31, 2019 6:25:08 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for akshinpak
Every Vinnie album sounds the god damn same but with better production for every album. What separates JMT and Vinnie’s solo albums? Their all the same. Apathy’s Widow Son was just ok. It takes a downfall at the middle to the end on the album. Tana Talk 3 is way better than all those albums. And by the way Vinnie is no where close to mafia or anything Italian Mobb related. He praises Puerto Rican’s more than his own race. So yea Griselda is the Movement right now probably not on this clown site but they making RAW DoPE Music. 2019 is gonna be big for them just like the past few years

Clockworx (Admin)

Total Posts: 43921
posted Thursday, January 31, 2019 8:29:20 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
I've said before regarding Benny that i wish he'd have more diversity in his lyrics then the street shit but for that niche he's dope at it with his wordplay and metaphors. Maybe he should throw a story telling track on the level of Big L 'The Heist' and then he'd elevate his style to having more replay value.

I never like the argument of *put x rapper over these beats and they'd be just as good* because you could put any dime a dozen rapper over a dope beat and it'll elevate the song. Maybe Poopypoose should've chosen his beats better instead of being knows as the rapper that dropped that alphabet song.

Partial IP: .10.81.151

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Thursday, January 31, 2019 8:31:06 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Oh and this track is doper than any Poopy or Cassidy song and it's by some wigger who paid Alchemist to lace an EP for him...

Partial IP: .10.81.151

anti-stunna

Total Posts: 1741
posted Sunday, February 03, 2019 4:42:07 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for anti-stunna
holy fuck this not good. these new york stunnas rap about how hard they are, how many drugs they sell. They are no better than the garbage you hear on the radio or at clubs.

The comments are cringeworthy also with stunnas worshiping New York like it's the only thing real.

ci_fus

posted Sunday, February 03, 2019 5:34:23 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for ci_fus
anti-stunna - better late than never. Sort of.

rareform dopeness

Total Posts: 356
posted Sunday, February 03, 2019 5:48:12 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for rareform dopeness   Click Here to Email rareform dopeness
The new era pissy staircase dirty new york nughha rap sound is aight. Spent a considerable time of my teenage years in Brooklyn. So the sound is slightly familiar. However I have zero interest in being in this environment anymore. If I did I would start a group called The Bottom Feeders and do it the rare way. Im pushing 40 so for the young heads I guess its cool. I cant stand drug dealers they all work for the jump out boys. Rappers are so pressed to get on stage and shake their a** for 8 grand dont even realize they are being sold short for pennies on the dollar. The 10,000$ below circuit will always be the hired helps way out. Thank God we got to travel the world and go to other big cities. Not financed by rap. Going to Mumbai changed our life. 23 million people made NYC feel like a small town for real. A few fascinating perspectives in the comments. Interesting post thanks for sharing. Peace in.

dick_wolf

Total Posts: 22721
posted Monday, February 04, 2019 3:58:48 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for dick_wolf
I like when Benny talks about going to basketball games and blocking layups/spilling shit on Spike. That was my favorite line I heard all year. Spike would get so irritated I bet. Lil popcorn on Mars Blackman might knock him down.

bUcKtHaDeViL

Total Posts: 1908
posted Monday, February 04, 2019 7:29:41 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for bUcKtHaDeViL
Damn. My man Ci_fus just pissing on Alfredo’s head. Lmaoo. You tell em boy. This guy has 0 clue about dope shit. Smdh.

bUcKtHaDeViL

Total Posts: 1908
posted Monday, February 04, 2019 10:30:54 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for bUcKtHaDeViL
Benny is dope point blank. One of my favorite rappers out right now along with Currensy and Eto. I compare Benny to a young Jada. The ups and downs of selling dope is so specific and vivid when he talks it. I understand why a lot of fuckbois don’t get it. Kinda like why I don’t like blue grass or Greatful Dead. There’s no connection.

An it ain’t like I’m tryin to be a tough guy or tryin to make people think that I’m crazy by sayin all this shit. What it is that I know how n*ggas gets down aight? I used to be in the clubs the Muse, the Tunnel whatever the fuck. n*ggas get they lil drink on havin fun wit their lil crew namsayin start cuttin shooting whatever.

Damn I miss P.

crOwcaine

Total Posts: 8849
posted Tuesday, February 05, 2019 12:58:50 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for crOwcaine
FLYGOD the flyest rapper of the last 10 years. I should have copped that black scorpion hat, shit looks QUALITY.

Seme__one

Total Posts: 2832
posted Tuesday, February 05, 2019 1:47:20 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
Tuff Kong Records

We are sure it' s a long time that a lot of you is waiting for this...so here it is !!
Finally Benny "17 Bullets" (Bonus tracks edition) is getting a proper vinyl treatment!
Guest appearances by Skyzoo and CONWAY
Artwork revisited by at derricorm based on the original cover by at theobscurestart PREORDER for this limited edition will drop THIS FRIDAY 2/8 at 5PM (cet) 11AM (est)
🔫;
100 white/red split
150 white
250 black

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Tuesday, February 05, 2019 8:19:23 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Benny's verse on this one of his best from 2018...

Anyone know anything about Lord Flee? He's not bad on there.

vinnny blanc

Total Posts: 6512
posted Wednesday, February 06, 2019 10:00:15 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for vinnny blanc
^I just bumped the thread for one a tape he dropped last year

akshinpak

posted Thursday, February 07, 2019 2:41:46 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for akshinpak
Clock check out Flee Lord’s latest album ‘Lord Talk Vol 2’ I thought it was real DoPE from last year. WSG did the cover to the album. Flee Lord was Prodigy’s latest signee before he died

Lpac

Total Posts: 8830
posted Thursday, February 07, 2019 3:15:31 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Lpac
^ Yeah that Lord Flee tape is nice

Thurston (Admin)

Total Posts: 4873
posted Friday, February 08, 2019 10:24:07 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Thurston   Click Here to Email Thurston
I fell asleep reading the admins responses about why benny isn't dope. then I woke up, rolled a blunt, smoked to tt3 and shit was all good.

👌;

All times are ET. The time now is 12:59 PM.Post viewed 1130 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: