UndergroundHipHop.com 12 Days of Christmas
Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (59) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
New Kwest Tha Mad Ladd Video & Chopped Herring Record Release

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 9 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  New Kwest Tha Mad Ladd Video & Chopped Herring Record Release
LEX718

Total Posts: 1889
posted Friday, April 05, 2019 3:23:30 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for LEX718
From the S.P.I.T.R. EP, directed by my man GS Advance:

Kwest also has a pre-order up for "Old to the New" Vinyl which sees Chopped Herring pressing 5 of his 1994 unused first album joints previously only available on CD on Side A vs. the new S.P.I.T.R. EP on Side B:

https://shop.choppedherringrecords.com/product/kwest-tha-madd-lad-old-to-the-new-lp-pre-order-vinyl/

Partial IP: 224.194.89

cEe-CuT

Total Posts: 667
posted Friday, April 05, 2019 4:24:45 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for cEe-CuT
...5 of his 1994 unused first album joints previously only available on cd? really?? funny thing is I just hold a promo 12" of the "what's the reaction rmx" in my hands ... and ain't the version of "blase blah" the 2 fat guys & a rapper version of kwest's first 12"?

it's a shame, chopped herring obviously got access to lots of dope material by great artists but fails when it comes to the choice of songs (see natural e for example where they mixed the def jam demo with l-swift demos of questionable quality and early-2000 ago tracks ... makes no sense at all) ... they should have pressed the complete "these are my unreleased recordings" album minus the tracks that already have been available on vinyl ... a proper double vinyl release by dl 12 years ago wouls have been great...

nevertheless, I'll support because the new ep is solid...

LEX718

Total Posts: 1889
posted Friday, April 05, 2019 4:33:48 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for LEX718
Yeah, I copied that from the site. *shrug*

Lpac

Total Posts: 8830
posted Friday, April 05, 2019 5:00:59 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Lpac
I got that 'These are my unreleased recordings' CD in the collection, it's way better than his debut, Chopped Herring Records is one of the best labels there is, not sure what the fuck Cee-Cut going on about, they fail at nothing

WiCkEd22

Total Posts: 37034
Location: IG: BayAreaWicked www,hulkshare,com/wicked22 www,audiomack,com/artist/wicked22
posted Friday, April 05, 2019 6:00:36 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for WiCkEd22   Click Here to Email WiCkEd22

I got that 'These are my unreleased recordings' CD in the collection, it's way better than his debut, Chopped Herring Records is one of the best labels there is, not sure what the fuck Cee-Cut going on about, they fail at nothing.

^cEe-CuT is 100% correct. "What's The Reaction (Remix)" is available as a Promo 12" from 1996. I own it. The "Blasť Blah (Remix)" is from the Promo 12" from 1993. To me, that's the Original Version because the Album Version is different, Produced by Kwest himself, and came out later. So yeah, not sure why Bob selected those 2 joints... kinda weird. But who knows, maybe Kwest selected them? Who knows. Whatever the case, it's cool to have the other 3 joints on Vinyl that were previously only available on that CD. Plus, the new EP. *shrugs*

Lpac

posted Friday, April 05, 2019 6:20:24 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Lpac
^wasn't talking about the Kwest vinyl he was also talking about "chopped herring obviously got access to lots of dope material by great artists but fails when it comes to the choice of songs" so yeah not sure what he going on about obviously not heard the Finsta Bundy, Mister Voodoo, Shadez Of Brooklyn etc etc joints

Lefty4230

Total Posts: 419
Location: El Pollo Loco 226 E. 9th St. Los Angeles, Ca. 90015
posted Saturday, April 06, 2019 1:54:01 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Lefty4230
I dont know about this shit fellas....

cEe-CuT

posted Saturday, April 06, 2019 7:08:28 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for cEe-CuT
at lpac: I'm well aware that chopped herring unearthed some great music and I supported the label since day one ... with their early releases, the c.h. guys (or just bob, I dunno) did an awesome job but when c.h. announced to do 4 releases monthly, it wasn't possible to keep the same quality level ... and I just wanted to point out that the tracklists of the natural elements releases are kinda weird - I don't understand that they didn't release the def jam demos with all instrumentals instead of adding unrelated tracks - it just destroys the flow ... or the combination of tracks on the "all hail ne" ep, it's just creepy ... or the inclusion of "done" on the "lost demos" cd...

of course, I appreciated the mister voodoo ep, until I heard the quality ... I was lucky enough to get my hands on those cassettes in the late 90s (or was it 2000? can't remember...) and I know the quality wasn't perfect but it seems someone sold chopped herring 3rd generation dubs of the tapes, the sound of at least 2 songs was significantly better on the cassettes I had ... and what was the reason for cutting off the third verse of "pen hits the paper"?

and what's up with the cenobites ep? I remember c.h. stating the tracks were "transferred from original dats", then I listened to the snippets, and the tracks still sounded like the mp3's floating around ... after I listened to my vinyl copies, I noticed that the sources were the known radio rips which was a huge disappointment ... I can live with it because it was nice to have those cuts on vinyl and it matches with the low-fi aesthetics of the cenobites, but chopped herring wasn't able to deliver what they announced...

same goes for the cd releases, the first few releases have been amazing but the quality faded since the n.b.a cd...

don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for releases like the l da head toucha demos, touch 'n' dstroy, the n.e. stuff, da buze bruvaz, zigg zagg, shadz of bk, da henchmen, phase & rhythm or the arsonists ep's, but imo they could have done better - compare it to labels like heavy jewelz or no sleep recording or even the first batch of o.l.u. ep's, and you know what I mean...

cEe-CuT

posted Saturday, April 06, 2019 7:12:44 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for cEe-CuT
at wicked: bob selected the tracks for side one, kwest wrote it on fb...

Lpac

posted Sunday, April 07, 2019 9:08:33 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Lpac
I can respect that Cee-Cut as only purchased all the 90's Cds from them, none of the Vinyl, I mean one thing that bugs me is how they are mainly releasing Eps on cds now rather than Lps and still charging the same damn price, I cop regardless though

All times are ET. The time now is 11:42 PM.Post viewed 272 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: