Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (23) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Tippi Dink Appreciation;

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 130 replies
Page: 1 2 3
AuthorTopic:  Tippi Dink Appreciation;
Mr Dick Dong Wang

Total Posts: 14
posted Saturday, July 29, 2017 6:03:37 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Dick Dong Wang
Been lurking in the shadows for a minute
Mad respect to everyone on here that’s informative with release dates, under the radar artists, general info etc
I’ve gotta say tho, major props to Tippi for his extensive knowledge of band camp artists & release dates

For example, there was a recent thread abt LP’s still yet to drop in 2017
How did you obtain all those release dates Tippi? Must take some serious research…
You’ve put me onto some phat releases so far that I’d never peeped

This whole forum is healthy af apart from a few muppets but salud to Mr Dink from Mr Dong Wang
I sincerely hope your fellow forum fam will take this opportunity to show some appreciation too
Sayonara

Partial IP: 62.144.146

dr.proF

Total Posts: 5689
posted Saturday, July 29, 2017 6:39:38 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for dr.proF   Click Here to Email dr.proF
Cosign

wicked 22.2

Total Posts: 2424
posted Saturday, July 29, 2017 8:46:03 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for wicked 22.2   Click Here to Email wicked 22.2
lol gp mr dick dong wang. Tippi is our boo.

tippi dink

Total Posts: 4903
posted Saturday, July 29, 2017 11:21:13 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
i'd like to take a moment and give a big "fuck you" to everyone who said i'd never amount to anything, look at me now bitches

yo gino, i think i found the perfect first-pin worthy thread to christen your modship

all jokes aside, thanks y'all. glad i could help. i wouldn't really say it takes serious research though, you just gotta know where to look. the UGGH store has an upcoming releases page, rateyourmusic has an "upcoming" section on your profile that shows releases from artists, i get emails whenever a new project is announced/released from an artist i follow on bandcamp, and i also check wiki/twitter occasionally. then i add all of those upcoming releases to a notepad document if i remember.

also mr. DDW, props for having ilah by emay as one of your top 3 project from this year. people are sleeping on that, such a good album

Nassau William Senior

Total Posts: 2032
Location: Hot box, handsome on a hill, watchin' night lights stretch. A Los Angeles journalist like Fletch.
posted Saturday, July 29, 2017 12:00:48 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
tippi = POTY 2016 & 2017 imho

no mask

Total Posts: 7610
Location: charging too much is encouraging piracy, numb nuts.
posted Saturday, July 29, 2017 12:11:56 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
Been saying tippis a top 3 poster on here. nobody touching him on new releases accept clock with shit loads of singles every week and lots of albums too.. He tippi da bandcamp gawd! Fuckin legend like fahim! Haha

Mr Dick Dong Wang

posted Saturday, July 29, 2017 1:11:39 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Dick Dong Wang
Yes Tippi, thanks to your recommendations Emay made my Top 3. Serious album
Heavy rotation since I copped it, very intelligent writer & an authentic producer
His beats are haunting & I love the fact dude doesn’t waster a bar, he’s got a lot to say
I’ll be checking for him from now on standard

I feel you on checking ppl’s twitter acc’s/wiki pages for releases
Nice one for the nod on upcoming releases via the websites you mentioned
I’ll be sure to kp my eyes peeled for future drops
TOO hype for the new Armand Hammer, solo they are beasts but together they are unfuckwithable
I reckon they’ve drafted in some sick producers for their new joint too – I saw Kenny Segal mentioned working with them online
Elucid sounded slick over his beat on Milo’s album

Funny how your biggest disappointment was Altars this year
Mine believe it or not was Mansion 38
I was a HUGE fan of “…so we ate them whole” best album I’d heard in years
Mansion 38 however is pale in comparison, there are no “Breakfast” moments on it at all
Hope he picks up the pace again with future works
Surely Chemo must have felt like his efforts were half arsed compared to SWATW!

Keep us updated with the band camp projects etc – look forward to what gems you uncover in the up and coming months
Props to all the other real heads responding too
I seez you guys – peaz

tippi dink

posted Saturday, July 29, 2017 1:44:52 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
yeah i can't wait for that new armand hammer, both of those dudes are at their peaks right now. one of my favorite duos out there. milo's album that's coming next month should be incredible too, have you heard the two singles he dropped from is so far? magician (suture) is one of my favorite songs from any artist/genre so far in 2017. i'd be surprised if that wasn't at least top 3.

my major complaint about the sadistik album is that it drags on and the hooks tend to dominate a lot of the tracks, and i don't really like that many of them. it just doesn't feel as personal or engaging as his other albums, and imo the middle part of the album is really weak. i don't really like honeycomb, cotard's syndrome, or salem witches at all.. and even the p.o.s feature on the album didn't blow me away when most of the time when he's featured on an track he absolutey kills it. i just had much higher expectations for the album after hearing free spirits, which is EASILY the best track on that entire album imo.

i agree that mansion 38 wasn't nearly as good as SWATW, which is one of my favorite releases so far this decade, but there's still not a single track on there i don't like. you say there's no real memorable/standout moments on there but i think souffle, for a limited time only, wristband, bulletproof, and teeth marks all dope as fuck. i think it's more laid back compared to his last album and has a slightly different vibe but it's still one of my favorite albums of 2017 so far. i don't even think i'd put the sadistik in my top 30 tbh.

also i'll be posting another bandcamp dump thread where i embed all the projects i've enjoyed from the last few months so look out for that. you should be able to find the other two i made if you search for em.

5th point

Total Posts: 518
posted Saturday, July 29, 2017 3:44:51 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 5th point   Click Here to Email 5th point
i think i wouldve like altars alot more if i hadnt heard his earlier work, my expectations were through the roof and it just didnt live up to them, id still put it in my top 10 - 15 for the year though....i guess the same argument can be made for mansion 38 but theres alot of really great tracks on there tippi already named the ones that come to mind bulletproof and limited time being my favorites, soi dog is dope too

ern

Total Posts: 4401
posted Saturday, July 29, 2017 3:47:03 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for ern
woooo yeah tippi

Lit Jagger

Total Posts: 2275
Location: They call it the underground because that's where dead things are buried
posted Saturday, July 29, 2017 3:55:58 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Lit Jagger
This is his other alias because they both write essays 😂;😂;🙄;🙄;😑;😑;😐;😐;😏;😏;🙂;🙂;

kenlamarainthiphop

Total Posts: 121
posted Saturday, July 29, 2017 4:27:41 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for kenlamarainthiphop
tippi dink is gay as fuck

dr.proF

posted Saturday, July 29, 2017 4:35:54 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dr.proF   Click Here to Email dr.proF
^ observe's alias

s-agent

Total Posts: 3760
posted Saturday, July 29, 2017 4:42:14 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for s-agent
I agree. Tippi has introduced me to a few artists I really like. Nice work my man!

tippi dink

posted Saturday, July 29, 2017 5:28:19 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
special shout out to observe and ollie, you two have always been my biggest fans and supporters.

even though observe is dumb as fuck and thinks that a paragraph is an essay.

5th point

posted Saturday, July 29, 2017 5:31:15 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 5th point   Click Here to Email 5th point
^you know if emays gonna have physicals for ilah? or if he does? all i can find is free bandcamp dl

tippi dink

posted Saturday, July 29, 2017 5:37:52 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
no idea if there will be physicals for ilah, i can't find anything about it

no mask

Total Posts: 7610
Location: charging too much is encouraging piracy, numb nuts.
posted Saturday, July 29, 2017 5:39:57 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^im really diggin that ilah. Too stimulating lyrically and production wise and the editing and mixing is next level.

Mr Dick Dong Wang

posted Saturday, July 29, 2017 5:40:57 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Dick Dong Wang
Yes Tippi, I second that abt the Backwoodz Studioz boys being in their prime. Valley of Grace is a sleeper this year, pure poetry. Some of the soundscapes on that EP are illin too. I'm hanging on to hear Milo's new LP in its entirety - hes that kind of artist that I need to really digest, hype for it tho trust

We're gunna have to agree to disagree on the disappointments this year fammo Baxter sounds like hes half asleep on most of his tunes & struggling to get through them. If it wasn't for Chemos production it'd be a total clanger imo!
Whereas Sadistiks hooks get me hype af & the intricacies of his beat choices, subject matters & even little adlib/flow switch ups jst blew me away.
Shit like on Cotards Syndrome:
"ghosts, ghosts, ghosts, ghosts all around me... go, go, go, go away"
Dunno, feel like he put alot into the album. Had me going bk to it on the regz
I agree POS's guest spot was phoned in
U like his chill, dummy joint btw?

I think hearing artists at different times during our musical journey (as listeners) has an effect on how we perceive projects & also what we expect from the artists. For example I listened Altars on a loooong ass drive - dead of night on some spooked, eerie shit. Was the perfect setting looking bk now

What albums spring to mind for you in regards to listening to them in the ideal setting & really connecting with the vibe/feeling? 

Clockworx (Admin)

Total Posts: 37713
posted Saturday, July 29, 2017 5:52:47 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Co-sign this thread. Tippi would've had my vote if he had a POTY last year. If another mod spot opened he'd be a no brainer for it if he'd be willing to grab it. Not only his knowledge on music but also TV shows, movies, and comics is second to none on here.

One of the few posters where if i see a paragraph or two typed i actually read everything instead of just skimming and scolling past.

Plus now he's on ollie's shit list so he's really come full circle on here.

Mr Dick Dong Wang

posted Saturday, July 29, 2017 5:58:19 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Dick Dong Wang
Yo 5th point, I hear you abt Mansion. Its still a decent listen jst not a patch on what he could have done imo.

Yes no mask, good point abt the mixing on Emay's ilah. The subtleties go a long way

Big up's dr.proF, 5th point, wicked 22.2, N.S.W, ern, s-agent & clockworx for showing love

tippi dink

posted Saturday, July 29, 2017 6:24:04 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
valley of grace is tied with c v p ii d by onry ozzborn for favorite ep of the year. doc savage by willie green and save yourself from 2016 were both fantastic, still bump both of those regularly. i heard that henry canyons has something new coming soon as well.

man to me altars just sorta felt like an off brand version of his previous albums, it can just be really cheesy at times. his rapping is probably better than it's ever been on a technical level but i just can't fuck with some of these tracks, like on salem witches as soon as the hook starts with "say it with us.. salem witches... say it with us.. salem witches" it just makes me want to skip the track. i felt the same way about ab-souls album from last year, it had that same type of vibe that just turned me off. voodoo dali, free spirits, roaches, water, kaleidoscope, and silhouettes are honestly the only tracks i really liked. i wish he would work with kno again or put out another project like salo sessions.

i understand what you're saying about mansion 38, but i think his delivery fits that whole hazy, drug induced atmosphere that the album seems to be going for. i get that it's not for everyone though and why someone who loved his previous album might not fuck with that one as much, but keep in mine that i also like dudes like scissortongue and ka who aren't exactly the most charismatic rappers lol.

i thought chill, dummy was good but not great. definitely not the direction i expected him to go in after we don't even live here but i dug how diverse that album was and it's nice to hear him bringing that punk influence to the forefront on some tracks like lanes and born a snake. it was kinda inconsistent and too messy to come close to getting a spot on my top 10, buti don't think it's bad by any means and there are definitely some bangers on there. sleepdrone/superposition is ridiculous, and i love the music video for it. wearing a bear, thieves/kings, the tracks with OME and busdriver are all really good too.

definitely agree that the setting you listen to an album in can change how you percieve it or how much you're able to enjoy it. that's why i find it funny sometimes how people will listen to an abstract/experimental album during their morning drive to work and don't fuck with it so they never revisit it again, or people who skim through atmospheric or concept albums and judge the whole album based on that. context is important for sure.

i don't really have many specific albums to name i definitely tend to gravitate more towards jazzy, energetic, upbeat stuff during the day/summer and during the winter or at night it's typically music that's more experimental, dark, or abrasive. i've been listening to the new doppelgangaz album almost every day this month because it fits so well. i listen to a lot of moka only during the summer too. winter is usually when i catch up on all the metal releases i was sleeping on during the rest of the year. other than that it all depends on my mood.

kenlamarainthiphop

posted Saturday, July 29, 2017 6:26:19 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for kenlamarainthiphop
tippi dink is not on my shitlist he just posts of a lot of garbage

tippi dink

posted Saturday, July 29, 2017 6:29:32 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
yo ollie everything you've ever posted is garbage. you seem to hate 95% of hip hop music yet you post here every day and have made literally hundred of accounts because you can't go a day without getting banned.

am i on your shitlist yet? if not, what do i have to do in order to earn a spot?

Loewi

Total Posts: 4464
posted Saturday, July 29, 2017 6:53:46 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Loewi
Yo Tippi, you ever heard of T.Y.E. and Natia from POW Recordings?

Mr Dick Dong Wang

posted Saturday, July 29, 2017 7:01:49 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Dick Dong Wang
Yeh-yeh Onrys "c v v p i d" ep got tons of replay value. He must be in the lab alot with all the material he churns out
Still need to peep that Black Phillip tho

You mentioned KA, I'm sure most heads wld agree dude is a monster with the pen.
Yen Lo is the LP I've listened to the most in recent years. Can put it on near enough anytime/anywhere & jst zone

Pretty much agree totally with yr thoughts on POS. Busdrivers feature eclipsed the whole LP - lol. Hope hes got suttin in the pipeline, hes been hyping the Kuso film alot recently - anyone seen that yet?

Sp 90s

Total Posts: 2486
posted Saturday, July 29, 2017 7:16:00 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Sp 90s
Tippi Dink for UGHH Mod 2017

tippi dink

posted Saturday, July 29, 2017 8:50:49 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
i've heard OF both of them but only listened to T.Y.E, actually just discovered him a couple months ago when 32 was released. solid album. POW recordings is jeff weiss's label right? i know chester watson is on there too. i've seen projects, and i've seen natia on the bandcamp page but just never checked him out. what project should i check out first? what about the other two artists on there, pioneer 11 and jordan raf?

yeah onry is killing it right now, three great projects back to back that are all pretty different. still hoping for a new dark time sunshine album soon though.

i don't know how long you've been lurking on here but a lot of people on here don't really fuck with ka believe it or not. some of them are trolls that hate on everything that gets posted her, but there's a few that legitimately don't like him at all and probably haven't even paid attention to his lyrics because they can't get past the minimalist beats or the way he raps. he's top 5 for me right now though for current hip hop artists no question.

i think it's safe to say that busdriver probably has something in the works, he just toured with zeroh so hopefully they'll collab on something soon. haven't seen kuso, but i plan on it soon. it's on shudder right now and you can get a free 7 day trial on there. open mike eagle has a project coming out soon too, he's had this picture with the album name, date, and track list and has been slowly removing the bricks so eventually you'll be able to read the whole thing. he said it will be fully revealed on monday, but this is where it's at right now. looks like a september release.

Loewi

Total Posts: 4464
posted Saturday, July 29, 2017 8:55:59 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Loewi
Yup, it's Jeff Weiss's label

5th point

posted Saturday, July 29, 2017 10:32:31 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 5th point   Click Here to Email 5th point
its a shame theres no physicals for ilah. i just peeped it today and holy shit.

i thought chill dummy was dope its not on my aoty contention but i will say sleep drone/super position is one of the best tracks put out this year, yall might not agree but theres something about that track that just strikes a cord

yo mr ddw and tippi have you fully listened to kairos by kristoff krane yet? i got my copy a couple days ago and its pretty sick, his rapping is on another level but i think the song structure couldve been better, also i would like it more if they toned it down on the synth and singing, it has really great moments its just kind of messy for lack of a better word. anyways its a must peep the track pearl is dope as fuck

tippi dink

posted Saturday, July 29, 2017 10:40:31 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
sleepdrone superposition is incredibly but it's not one of the best tracks from this year simply because it was released last year lol. it dropped in march of 2016 and at that point i had no idea if it was even leading up to anything, i thought he was just kind of marking his return after the kidney transplant.

i plan on checking out kairos at some point, the few tracks i listened to didn't exactly blow me away which made that project take a backseat to some of the other recent releases i still gotta check out. still haven't listened to that new tanya morgan, myka 9, skyzoo, perceptionists, or mr. muthafuckin eXquire either.

5th point

posted Sunday, July 30, 2017 12:18:32 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 5th point   Click Here to Email 5th point
shit i didnt know that, i didnt hear it til chill dummy...if u dont get around to checking kairos soon at least peep shine on chiron and pearl

volked

Total Posts: 103
posted Sunday, July 30, 2017 1:29:00 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for volked
Tippi has put me onto a lot of good shit this year as well. Will there be an UGHH poster of the year? If so my vote will probs go to Tippi. Wick has slowed down with the posting and Clock hasnt put me onto as much shit as Tippi

Dont get jealous bros

vinnny blanc

Total Posts: 5894
posted Sunday, July 30, 2017 1:41:41 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for vinnny blanc
Time to strongarm weather women for those red letters. BBQ cchicken (Shaq voice)

vinnny blanc

Total Posts: 5894
posted Sunday, July 30, 2017 1:43:39 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for vinnny blanc
Better yet keep weather and get rid of the rectum

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

Total Posts: 2655
posted Sunday, July 30, 2017 4:32:42 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
tippi, clock and i had a convo about possibly talking to weatherman about stepping down like phat did and u getting the mod spot and it would be the 3 of us, forever! lol but im sure clock is cool with me telling u this but if ur interested, get in contact with clock and then we can see wat we can do. im sure most would be cool with that trio.

Partial IP: 43.230.209

Fosters

Total Posts: 3413
posted Sunday, July 30, 2017 7:06:30 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Fosters
What happened to The Weatherman?

Clockworx (Admin)

Total Posts: 37713
posted Sunday, July 30, 2017 9:30:20 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Nothing happened to Weatherman. I told ETW that if Weather decided one day he wanted to give up his mod spot then tippi would be the only person on the forum Id feel comfortable giving it to. I also said that Weather has been grandfathered into a mod spot so if he wanted to keep it the rest of the forums history then so be it, wouldn't bother me. I just feel like having more than 3-4 mods is overkill.

Partial IP: 242.189.89

tippi dink

posted Sunday, July 30, 2017 11:55:16 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
i mean if weatherman wanted to give up his spot then obviously i'd be interested, but only if he actually didn't want to be mod anymore. not trying to pressure him into giving it up since it doesn't matter THAT much to me. plus, gino is already making the change that i wanted which is pinning the threads for new major releases.

|=|

Total Posts: 1209
posted Sunday, July 30, 2017 8:40:16 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for |=|
Much respect to Tippi. While our tastes don't mesh most times, he is hands down the best poster in 2016 and 2017. By far (co-sign NWS). He has put me onto some good stuff for sure. And like Clock said, I read 99% of his posts in full.

eseph84

Total Posts: 5903
posted Monday, July 31, 2017 8:33:07 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
tippi been the dude for a while on here! nuff respect, we def mesh. backwoodz for life lol

ftr, my other two favorites have always been dr prof and no mask. i like what they do so their's that. salute!

tippi dink

posted Monday, July 31, 2017 9:25:27 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
thanks fam, y'all are too sweet

tippi dink

posted Monday, July 31, 2017 9:25:58 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
backwoodz bros sounds like the name of a gay porn

Total Posts: 16503
posted Monday, July 31, 2017 10:14:38 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
tippi dink dope

kenlamarainthiphop

posted Wednesday, August 02, 2017 3:35:41 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for kenlamarainthiphop
yo ollie everything you've ever posted is garbage. you seem to hate 95% of hip hop music yet you post here every day and have made literally hundred of accounts because you can't go a day without getting banned.

actually fagboy the majority stuff u post is not even hip hop and EVERY artist I ever posted is nice behind the mic like the wizard players. so what does that have to do with anything someone getting banned by a bunch of commercial loving jew bastards? the status quo of this board is faggotry and upheld by buttsore mods.

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Wednesday, August 02, 2017 6:57:42 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
tippi with the class. good shit mr. dink. tippi has also put me onto a bunch of good stuff. turned me out and into a bandcamp whore lol. glad we did some of the same jazz to.

tippi dink

posted Wednesday, August 02, 2017 7:19:52 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
ollie i post hip hop, you just don't like a majority of the genre whether you realize it or not. that's it's funny how you're on here ever single day. you're dense as fuck for repeatedly coming back to a place that makes you that upset and 90% of the people don't want you there anyway. it's like there's something wrong with your brain that prevents you from understanding how opinions work and that all art is subjective. honestly i don't think i've ever seen you make a constructive post, you care more about trolling than you do discussing hip hop. you are a bitter, uncouth, curmudgeon. i still love you though.

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Wednesday, August 02, 2017 7:24:42 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
tippi, wat instruments do u like in jazz the most?

tippi dink

posted Wednesday, August 02, 2017 9:43:45 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
man that's a tough question, there's so many

top 5 though i guess would be:

1. flute (yusef lateef, eric dolphy, hubert laws, herbie man, paul horn, herbie mann, frank wess)

2. guitar (grant green, kenny burrell, frank zappa if you count him, joe pass, pat metheny, al di meola)

3. sax (coltrane, ornette coleman, rahsaan roland kirk)

4. piano (bill evans, thelonius monk, art tatum, george duke, ahmad jamal, chick corea)

5. vibraphone (roy ayers, bobby hutcherson, cal tjader, milt jackson, gary burton)

i like violin a lot too but for some reason don't listen to a ton of jazz with violin in it. what are yours gino? i know you like the flute as well, but what else?

dr.proF

posted Wednesday, August 02, 2017 10:15:46 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for dr.proF   Click Here to Email dr.proF
Dat tippi response to ollie was on point

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Wednesday, August 02, 2017 10:17:41 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
nice tippi. i like flute/guitar the best. but thers so many legends who play sax and trumpet.

never been a herbie mann fan tho. his records are always super cheap tho and i see em all the time.

dr.proF

posted Wednesday, August 02, 2017 10:18:07 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for dr.proF   Click Here to Email dr.proF
S/o es1 good looks my dude!!

All times are ET. The time now is 4:59 AM.Post viewed 1477 timesPage: 1 2 3
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: