Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (18) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > General Discussion Board >
A Brief History Of Underground Rap

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 14 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  A Brief History Of Underground Rap
mcfuck

Total Posts: 9899
posted Tuesday, October 03, 2017 1:18:59 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for mcfuck
underground rap is a myth.

originally underground music, (of any genre) was essentially just unsigned, or fiscally unmotivated musicians.

that changed tho, didnt it.

"wiggers changed the musical landscape forever."

an off-white paper

in the beginning the rare or token cac would pierce the industry. capping at about 1 cac per 4-5 years. this continued for the first few decades of hip hop, leaving a loggerhead of disenfranchised wiggers pining for hiphop credibility.

when it became apparent hiphop was always going to be a hard egg to crack for cacs, things began to change. when eminem blew up there was this moment of false hope for the wigger community, much like house of pain and mc serch before him. what transpired tho, was that em did such a good job of piercing the community that it left no room for other cacs, essentially closing the door for over a decade.

it was at this time the disenfranchised cacs turned to each other, and through a muddled appropriation period continued to develop sub communities of freestyle/battle rap cac garage scenes. we also saw the advent of the cac super producer, scott storch, and during this same time frame many other wiggers bought mpc's and midi controllers. soon enough the cac producer had arrived.

what happened next? This insurgence of cac production talent in the actual hiphop community further encased the wigger capstones. disallowing or emboldening the hiphop communities position on the matter...

now broiling and teaming from within itself the cac rappers, left to there garages were forced to move to new england, new jersey and canada where they have to this day continued to develop what we know today as underground hophop white rap.

~mcfuck

Partial IP: 62.144.146

Lit Jagger

Total Posts: 1655
Location: I like cartoons, southern cities wit lrg moons, faith healers, ex female drug dealers & art booms
posted Tuesday, October 03, 2017 1:47:29 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Lit Jagger
Jedi mind tricks made it acceptable for cacs to take up hip hop whereas they once were fans of rock. Pure unadulterated cacciness

tippi dink

Total Posts: 4446
posted Tuesday, October 03, 2017 1:47:56 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
keep going please, this is accurate af

tippi dink

Total Posts: 4446
posted Tuesday, October 03, 2017 1:48:50 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
Jedi mind tricks made it acceptable for cacs to take up hip hop whereas they once were fans of rock.

did you forget about the beastie boys lol

mcfuck

posted Tuesday, October 03, 2017 2:17:42 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for mcfuck
i would argue that FAT BOYS and Beastie Boys, alongside the films "Breakin" and "Beat Street" had more to do with the cac foothold than jedi mind tricks.

one could even say aerosmith and run dmcs "walk this way" crossover appeal brought in a slough of cacs.
further to this I'd add Ice T and his efforts with "Body Count."

This debut came on the heels of chart domination from Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Quiet Riot, and of course the beginnings of the Metallica/Megadeath phase.

These crossover acts/records were the things that were making it "ok" for whites to like it, and hence begin their entitled appropriation and subsequent early rejection period.

mcfuck

posted Tuesday, October 03, 2017 2:35:49 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for mcfuck
sorry tippi, this bus stops at macklemore/

Lit Jagger

Total Posts: 1655
Location: I like cartoons, southern cities wit lrg moons, faith healers, ex female drug dealers & art booms
posted Tuesday, October 03, 2017 2:43:04 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Lit Jagger
I was talmbout ughh

mcfuck

posted Tuesday, October 03, 2017 2:49:40 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for mcfuck
underground started before 96 bro.

im talkin about how groups like jmt came to be.

dick_wolf

Total Posts: 22462
posted Tuesday, October 03, 2017 3:43:36 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dick_wolf
If that asshole was standing up and yelling pussy right next to me I would have been livid. No need to provoke him in my direction...although he probably saw him and chose not to shoot him because he would was so desperate for as much attention as he could possibly. That guy sucks.

es-ug

Total Posts: 159
posted Tuesday, October 03, 2017 9:59:07 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for es-ug
absolute racist bigoted nonsense from this piece of shit loser mcfuck, someone needs to smash a giant ash tray in this faggots face.

this whole thread has zero credibility because 1. it is 100 percent race driven. 2 you have zero credibility mc fuck.

also there no such thing as underground rap its underground hip hop u fucking herb

mcfuck

posted Wednesday, October 04, 2017 12:04:06 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for mcfuck
i have all the races and cred-abilities d00d

bimp

Total Posts: 207
posted Wednesday, October 04, 2017 12:54:48 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for bimp
are u on drugs mcjoel?

mcfuck

posted Wednesday, October 04, 2017 1:46:19 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for mcfuck
no, i dont do drugs.

ftr

this was supposed to be a joke piece about americans history of cultural appropriation sprinkled with white privilege/entitlement as it related to underground hip hop. it was much more nuanced than youre giving it credit for ollie. there was a specific purpose for calling it underground "rap".

over your head i guess.

but maybe i missed my audience.

lmao

dick_wolf

Total Posts: 22462
posted Wednesday, October 04, 2017 2:06:44 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for dick_wolf
Here's a brief history of some part of hip hop

Larry Turd

Total Posts: 411
posted Wednesday, October 04, 2017 4:14:43 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Turd
gp

All times are ET. The time now is 6:47 AM.Post viewed 277 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: