Return To UGHH.com Homepage

Back To Starting Page
Click Here For More Info On The U.N. Album!
Advertise On UGHH
Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (169) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UGHH.com Forums > Producer Board >
Mpc 2500 Connected To Pc Using Vsts

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 5 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  Mpc 2500 Connected To Pc Using Vsts
cornwallis

Total Posts: 21
posted Monday, April 13, 2009 12:25:04 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for cornwallis

Hi, I have searched google and this forum to answer my question can you record audio from a vst into your mpc through the usb connection or anything else.

i have seen videos of midi going to and from the mpc/computer but i believe you have to have the vst running on your computer for the sounds to work and both the mpc and computer going to the same speakers.

what i want to do is record audio from vsts on my pc into the mpc and chop them up and play them as samples, not midi notes.
an example of what i want to do is at 4:40 in this video of the Roland MV8800.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjU1djKAXsY at 4:40 the mike accosta guy has battery and the mv working together and the mv 8800 automatically records the audio, chops it, and assigns to the pads.. this is what i want to do with vsts.

and another question i have is about the chop shop. i read that the 2500 can analyze the sound waves and the 1000 can just chop at time intervals. how much better is the 2500 at autochopping and does the jjos allow the 1000 to analyze the waves and chop.

thanks!

Partial IP: .76.246.41

Madman

Total Posts: 2622
posted Monday, April 13, 2009 12:49:10 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Madman   Click Here to Email Madman
didnt watch the video....but mid-way thru ur question i also stopped reading....lmao...but it sounds like u just wanna sample ur vsti's in ur MPC...not thru ur usb either....do it thru the audio jacks of ur mpc...take the outs from your PC soundcard to the INS of the mpc....record, chop, repeat....or....record ur vsti's into ur DAW...chop, process, etc...THEN..either sample that processed file into ur mpc, or TRANSFER ir thru usb....

cant help bout chop shop as i only own a 2000xl (and dont even use it anymore lol)

Partial IP: 45.202.148

C.M.P

Total Posts: 1759
posted Monday, April 13, 2009 12:52:55 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for C.M.P   Click Here to Email C.M.P
yes, record in from the 1/4 jacks..

you might need an apdapter becuase if your soundcard only offers one 1/8th output, then radioshack will be usefull.

get a Y adapter, 1/8th male, 1/4th females.

plug the 1/8th into your soundcard output, then use two 1/4th male to male cables, from that Y adapter into your MPC IN's. One for left, one for right.

in the program you use to fuck wit a vsti, set it up to use that output in the options..

from there just set the MPC to record IN.

tap on the keys/keyboard you have setup to fuction with the vsti's, and you should now see on the MPC's screen the L/R inputs and thier volume.

just play the loop you got goin or break, or drum loop, whatever the fuck u got goin, and record has you play the vst with the keyboard, and once u hit stop, after a little riff or whatever, it'll ask you to place it on a pad that is open.

from there just hit that pad in the sequence you'd like it to play, obviously in record mode.

imagine that vsti riff you captured is now a sample u can fucks wit on the mpc, and use it however you'd like.

I hope this helps, goodluck.

Partial IP: 189.69.208

Soundsforsamplers (Admin)

Total Posts: 8977
Location: Hot Drums & MPC5000,MPC4000,MPC500,MPC1000,MPC2500,&MPC2000xl tutorial DVDs Out Now @ Akaimpc Dotcom
posted Monday, April 13, 2009 5:31:53 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Soundsforsamplers   Click Here to Email Soundsforsamplers
Use the dirrect recording feature on the mpc2500
It is the easiest way to go,and on top of that all the sounds go into your mpc`s mem.

Search Soundsforsamplers on youtube for my direct recording vids.

Partial IP: 105.178.53

cornwallis

Total Posts: 21
posted Tuesday, April 14, 2009 6:43:10 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for cornwallis
yo MPCGURU, i used to have you on aim. my name is helterskelter139. i think you put me on ignore hahah. unignore me, i have a few questions for you.

i saw your videos on youtube before i posted here. the extended one where u beatbox with your mouth.

Partial IP: .76.246.41

Soundsforsamplers (Admin)

Total Posts: 8977
Location: Hot Drums & MPC5000,MPC4000,MPC500,MPC1000,MPC2500,&MPC2000xl tutorial DVDs Out Now @ Akaimpc Dotcom
posted Thursday, April 16, 2009 2:47:15 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Soundsforsamplers   Click Here to Email Soundsforsamplers
I didn`t put you on ignore cornwallis
Ever since I ditched my blackberry and went with a iphone I am yet to find a good app to rum aim.
My bad.

Partial IP: 105.178.53

All times are ET. The time now is 6:46 AM.Post viewed 592 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: